Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 48,152 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] URGENT HELP PLEASE-deleted system file

Tip us?

Prashil1998
Old
(Last edited by Prashil1998; 25th May 2014 at 11:56 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] URGENT HELP PLEASE-deleted system file

I have accidentally deleted a system file when I rooted my phone and was trying to delete a different file in my dell streak 5.
I don't know much about this as I am a newbie so can anyone please tell me how can I delete everything inside it and download,install it again.All I can do now is turn it on,off ,go to fast-boot mode and call people and receive calls.Thank you,it will be very helpful if u can help me on this.

Strephon Alkhalikoi
Old
Thanks Meter 415
You don't say what file it is you deleted, but it sounds like it was a file in the ROM itself. If you're successfully rooted, simply install the ROM again to restore the file. Don't wipe any data and your Streak should return to operating condition as if you never deleted the file.
Noob FAQ
Q: Can someone suggest a link I can follow that will walk me through the root process for this phone?
A: Simple answer is no. Do your homework. No spoonfeeding here. Check the stickies and the search engine. You'll find it soon enough.

My Stuff: Stargate Boot Animation | ICS-style Theme for DSC | MultiFlasher | Traveller DSC ROM | PseudoCream
The Following User Says Thank You to Strephon Alkhalikoi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Prashil1998
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strephon Alkhalikoi View Post
You don't say what file it is you deleted, but it sounds like it was a file in the ROM itself. If you're successfully rooted, simply install the ROM again to restore the file. Don't wipe any data and your Streak should return to operating condition as if you never deleted the file.
I don't know which one i have deleted. Phone starts only with dial pad. i can receive call and answer the call. other than that i can't access any other application.

Strephon Alkhalikoi
Old
Thanks Meter 415
Well, did you install the ROM again, as I recommended?
Noob FAQ
Q: Can someone suggest a link I can follow that will walk me through the root process for this phone?
A: Simple answer is no. Do your homework. No spoonfeeding here. Check the stickies and the search engine. You'll find it soon enough.

My Stuff: Stargate Boot Animation | ICS-style Theme for DSC | MultiFlasher | Traveller DSC ROM | PseudoCream

Prashil1998
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default I tried

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strephon Alkhalikoi View Post
Well, did you install the ROM again, as I recommended?
I tried it and it still went back to the same state. Its very difficult as I can only access the dialpad.and that's only after calling it when it starts up and shows its logo. I then have to turn on USB debugging . I followed a video on YouTube in which shows u how to flash a ROM by calling it.update.pkga and flashing it through recovery mode.

Strephon Alkhalikoi
Old
Thanks Meter 415
Restore your stock ROM and start over. Only this time, do not follow YouTube videos to try and root because they don't explain anything. There is information throughout both the Q&A forum as well as the sticky posts in Development that you might want to start reading.

After restoring your stock ROM, you need to do the following, in order:
  • Install ADB drivers on your PC, if you haven't already done so.
  • Install StreakMod Recovery.
  • Install a custom ROM such as PseudoCream, as custom ROMs are generally pre-rooted.
  • (Optional) Install a different baseband.
To make life easy when it comes to installing StreakMod or the baseband files, download MultiFlasher from the link in my signature. It provides the tools as well as the recovery and baseband images. It DOESN'T include ADB drivers, but those are available from links in Development.
Noob FAQ