Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Waranty Please Help

OP IAmHardCore

29th May 2014, 05:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Hi guys i have a problem with my phone and i want it repaired. I have changed the Rom a couple of times but now i Flashed it back to stock version 4.0.3. The bootloader is locked and it has no root.I want to know if this can make a problem to the device waranty.If it changed the IMEI or other things. Please help!
29th May 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 150
 
348 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmHardCore

Hi guys i have a problem with my phone and i want it repaired. I have changed the Rom a couple of times but now i Flashed it back to stock version 4.0.3. The bootloader is locked and it has no root.I want to know if this can make a problem to the device waranty.If it changed the IMEI or other things. Please help!

Your bootloader isn't really locked, it's just what it shows.You only reverted your ROM to stock ICS, you didn't change the motherboard or anything so IMEI etc. should all be the same.

LG service would probably know that you unlocked the bootloader, even though it looks like it's locked.So be prepared to void your warranty.

PS: What's the problem with your phone anyway? Maybe you can fix it on your own.
The Following User Says Thank You to ottomanhero For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomanhero

Your bootloader isn't really locked, it's just what it shows.You only reverted your ROM to stock ICS, you didn't change the motherboard or anything so IMEI etc. should all be the same.

LG service would probably know that you unlocked the bootloader, even though it looks like it's locked.So be prepared to void your warranty.

PS: What's the problem with your phone anyway? Maybe you can fix it on your own.

Thanks a lot. The problem with the phone is that the unlock button doesnt work well. I need to push it pretty hard to unlock the screen.I have a spot on the interior of the screen. I dont know how the hell it appeard there . . The phone was held in normal conditions. No exta moisture or something else.And the plastic on the left side is getting off.
There is a way to "really" block the bootloader ?
29th May 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #4  
Flying_Bear's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 785
 
1,823 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmHardCore

Thanks a lot. The problem with the phone is that the unlock button doesnt work well. I need to push it pretty hard to unlock the screen.I have a spot on the interior of the screen. I dont know how the hell it appeard there . . The phone was held in normal conditions. No exta moisture or something else.And the plastic on the left side is getting off.
There is a way to "really" block the bootloader ?

there is a way, via fuse editing, there is a thread somewhere explaining our bootloader fuse file, and which bytes determine state of bootloader. however, i don't think anyone had done it before. also, be prepared to get your phone back with permanently locked bootloader. LG's servicers have nasty habbit of blowing all the fuses and locking the bootloader forever for some reason.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flying_Bear For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th May 2014, 08:37 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Bear

there is a way, via fuse editing, there is a thread somewhere explaining our bootloader fuse file, and which bytes determine state of bootloader. however, i don't think anyone had done it before. also, be prepared to get your phone back with permanently locked bootloader. LG's servicers have nasty habbit of blowing all the fuses and locking the bootloader forever for some reason.

Thank you a lot i will see what i can do
1st June 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #6  
Member
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 6
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Search unlock.apk here in the forum (topic title is something like "16 chances to...")... It locks the bootloader too, you just have to root it again.

If I helped you, please hit thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to guitovski For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2014, 11:10 PM   |  #7  
balloon27's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Groningen
Thanks Meter: 86
 
225 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
What's your location? Based on the problems you named an unlocked bootloader shouldn't void your warranty if you are in Europe for example. The changes you made to the software most probably aren't the cause of your problems, and therefore the warranty should still be in place. This however depends on your local law.

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to balloon27 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th June 2014, 09:55 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by balloon27

What's your location? Based on the problems you named an unlocked bootloader shouldn't void your warranty if you are in Europe for example. The changes you made to the software most probably aren't the cause of your problems, and therefore the warranty should still be in place. This however depends on your local law.

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Free mobile app

I Am From Romania i dont know if they will void my waranty or not but i dont want to risk it. I have tryed to lock it with the fuse blow but i cant do it.
IT keeps saying this : echo fffffffffefeffed And it will be Permanently Locked and All fuses will be blown >/sys/firmware/fuse/odm_reserved
and when i copy into the terminal the bootloader is still unlocked
6th June 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #9  
balloon27's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Groningen
Thanks Meter: 86
 
225 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmHardCore

I Am From Romania i dont know if they will void my waranty or not but i dont want to risk it. I have tryed to lock it with the fuse blow but i cant do it.
IT keeps saying this : echo fffffffffefeffed And it will be Permanently Locked and All fuses will be blown >/sys/firmware/fuse/odm_reserved
and when i copy into the terminal the bootloader is still unlocked

If you're in Romania you should be fine. If they find out you've unlocked it, they'll probably tell you your warranty doesn't cover it, so you'll have to be that annoying Mr. Know It All guy for a bit and tell them why they're wrong (Google it, and there's been a thread about it on this forum as well with some links), they'll be intimidated and will believe you on your word, then they'll fix it and you'll be happy and buy an ice cream with the money you saved.
If you're still planning on relocking just to be safe, I don't think that will work. The repair guys have their ways of hunting down unlocked phones and can probably see yours has been unlocked too.

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to balloon27 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2014, 04:54 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by balloon27

If you're in Romania you should be fine. If they find out you've unlocked it, they'll probably tell you your warranty doesn't cover it, so you'll have to be that annoying Mr. Know It All guy for a bit and tell them why they're wrong (Google it, and there's been a thread about it on this forum as well with some links), they'll be intimidated and will believe you on your word, then they'll fix it and you'll be happy and buy an ice cream with the money you saved.
If you're still planning on relocking just to be safe, I don't think that will work. The repair guys have their ways of hunting down unlocked phones and can probably see yours has been unlocked too.

Sent from my LG-P880 using XDA Free mobile app

Thank You A lot. I thinked about this the phone have fizical problems. So maybe they wont check the bootloader status. Or is it a comonly procedure to check it? Tomorow i will flash it back to 4.0.3 and then maybe i will send it to service.Anyway thank you and lets hope it will be fine

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes