Xbmc can't download subtitle

Search This thread

KillerJoeBR

Dec 27, 2013
Hi everyone. I just noticed that my xbmc fire tv can't download subtitles in the movie folder over SMB. Seems like a write permission issue but it works with other machines running windows. Maybe its an android issue?

I can delete a file just fine with xbmc. It's just the subtitle addon that i have a problem. I did a search about this issue and couldn't find a solution. Maybe using NFS to share my files but that seems too complicated on windows. Or use a local folder inside the fire tv to save my subtitles but thats not ideal since the subtitle wouldnt be available to my other machines.

Anyone have this same problem?

Enviado de meu GT-N7100 usando Tapatalk

Newcron

Sep 13, 2010
Have you tried different subtitle sources? I've had trouble in the past downloading subtitle, but apparently it's just right at the moment when the server I'm downloading from was down. I added a different source and that one worked.

KillerJoeBR

Dec 27, 2013
The problem is not with service. But xbmc for some reason cant save the subtitle file on the movie folder over smb. Even though i set the permisions for this.

Anyway i gave up trying to fix it and just learned how to create a NFS share in windows using haneWin NFS. Now everything is working fine.

Thanks

Newcron

Sep 13, 2010
Ah okay. I guess I saw the thread title and then just tuned out your actual message :) I myself have been using smb without a problem so it's good that you've found a solution!

Sp0KI

Dec 18, 2011
I have the same problem.
XBMC cant access my SMB share for writing. XBMC has all the rights. I seems it has something to do with the firetv. Now i have to download the subs again when i want to re watch the video, its really annoying.
Does someone have a solution?

KillerJoeBR

Dec 27, 2013
In the end i use the NFS protocol in my windows pc to share the folders. This way i can write the subs file just fine.

I tried a LOT to see if i could fix thr smb permissions but in the end i gave up. I am using haneWin NFS to share my folders using nfs. It works fine.

Reactions: Sp0KI

Volc7

Jun 6, 2013
thats weird, im using SMB share and it has no problems with subtitles. you shuold double check you have the right permissions in XBMC

KillerJoeBR

Dec 27, 2013
thats weird, im using SMB share and it has no problems with subtitles. you shuold double check you have the right permissions in XBMC
Are You sure you dont have any issues? because the subtitles work fine until you watch the movie again and realize there is no subtitle because it wasnt actually saved in the same folder.

And are your movies shared from a windows pc? Anyway i havent tried it again to see if this issue was fixed recently. It can be a lot of things (windows version, wifi settings, permission seyyings etc etc)

But like i said its working fine now but im using nfs

Sp0KI

Dec 18, 2011
Which Windows Version do you have? I have Windows 8.1.
EDIT: Ok I tried NFS. It works fine now. TY. Strange why it doesn't work with SMB although I set the right permissions..

Last edited:

Volc7

Jun 6, 2013
Are You sure you dont have any issues? because the subtitles work fine until you watch the movie again and realize there is no subtitle because it wasnt actually saved in the same folder.

And are your movies shared from a windows pc? Anyway i havent tried it again to see if this issue was fixed recently. It can be a lot of things (windows version, wifi settings, permission seyyings etc etc)

But like i said its working fine now but im using nfs

no problems, i can see the subtitles are getting written on the folder of each movie/episode and rewatching them loads them up automatically.
not using windows pc, i have a router (RT-AC68U) sharing a hard drive., currently using wired lan, but i had no problems with wifi before i switched

KillerJoeBR

Dec 27, 2013
Ok thanks for your reply. Seems like the problem is maybe sharing from a windows pc. I use windows 8.1 too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In the end i use the NFS protocol in my windows pc to share the folders. This way i can write the subs file just fine.

I tried a LOT to see if i could fix thr smb permissions but in the end i gave up. I am using haneWin NFS to share my folders using nfs. It works fine.