Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,731 Members 50,700 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] storage problem

Tip us?
 
pratyush02
Old
#1  
pratyush02's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 48
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default [Q] storage problem

After flashing the stock rom i cant find any data in the android folder.. also there are two more folder added called "0" and "legacy ". and i can find the same thing inside the "0" i.e the android, DCIM and the clockworkmod. Also i cant make any folder inside the android folder.. I had cm before flashing this stock and i could find the same in the cm also. In cm i could not change the permission to RW. I am not sure but i think psych.half had emulated the storage in cm .. and what to do to get the storage back to normal ....
HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU !!!!
 
T3snake
Old
#2  
T3snake's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 338
Posts: 741
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Vadodara
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush02 View Post
After flashing the stock rom i cant find any data in the android folder.. also there are two more folder added called "0" and "legacy ". and i can find the same thing inside the "0" i.e the android, DCIM and the clockworkmod. Also i cant make any folder inside the android folder.. I had cm before flashing this stock and i could find the same in the cm also. In cm i could not change the permission to RW. I am not sure but i think psych.half had emulated the storage in cm .. and what to do to get the storage back to normal ....
After flasing stock
always go to recovery n factory reset
Real Men(Contributors) Dont Need To Ask For Thanks. They will get it For a Job well Done
-T3Snake

GLtools 1.29 [Graphic Optimizer]
Own:
 
Samsung Galaxy Star - GT-S5282
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 - SM-T211

My Work:
 
pratyush02
Old
#3  
pratyush02's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 48
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3snake View Post
After flasing stock
always go to recovery n factory reset
Did it but no changes. And about wiping data and cache , i have to do it after flashing stock because every time i flash stock i get boottloop and why is this i dont know..Ummm but trying again .previously i had the updated cwm 6.0.3.7 so it was not wiping the internal storage..
HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU !!!!
 
pratyush02
Old
#4  
pratyush02's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 48
Join Date: Apr 2014
Yeah.. i got that...problem solved.. bt got another problem.. memorycard is mounted but neither galary nor music player shows anything present in the memory card..

Sent from my GT-S5282 using xda app-developers app
HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU !!!!
 
T3snake
Old
#5  
T3snake's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 338
Posts: 741
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Vadodara
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush02 View Post
Yeah.. i got that...problem solved.. bt got another problem.. memorycard is mounted but neither galary nor music player shows anything present in the memory card..

Sent from my GT-S5282 using xda app-developers app
That is the media app problem.
Maybe it didnt start.
Simply saying media scan never started
Real Men(Contributors) Dont Need To Ask For Thanks. They will get it For a Job well Done
-T3Snake

GLtools 1.29 [Graphic Optimizer]
Own:
 
Samsung Galaxy Star - GT-S5282
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 - SM-T211

My Work:
The Following User Says Thank You to T3snake For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
pratyush02
Old
#6  
pratyush02's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 48
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by T3snake View Post
That is the media app problem.
Maybe it didnt start.
Simply saying media scan never started
yeah something like that..
but it's also solved. i just re-flashed the stock again
and it runs good... thanks for the help...
HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU !!!!
 
Niku-Droid
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 41
Join Date: May 2014
Lol, everything got auto start in your device buddy
Hit Thanks , If I helped you
 
pratyush02
Old
#8  
pratyush02's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 48
Join Date: Apr 2014
I dont think so buddy... i think you didnt read my post.. i had previously cm 10.1 and it has an imulated internal storage i guess.. and i installed cwm 6.0.3.7 updated by
Unjust and it does not wipe the whole internal storage . Thats why i was getting all that i guess..
Sent from my GT-S5282 using xda app-developers app
HIT THANKS IF I HELPED YOU !!!!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Change the Alarm Icon in the Status Bar with Xposed

It’s hard to find a more hated object than your alarm clock. They wake us up nearly … more

Return to Outer Space Outer Space with Ship Up Game

Since the release of Flappy Birds, we’ve had the “fortune” to see … more

Device Review: OnePlus One

Seemingly every day, there are a bunch of new devices being released. Some are budget devices and some are … more

Browse the Internet with the Innovative Atlas Web Browser

For the most part, Chrome, Firefox, and Dolphin Browser have no real rivals among … more