Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 49,179 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] N9005ZHUENB5 ROOT help

Tip us?
 
cas911
Old
#1  
cas911's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 15
Join Date: May 2013
Location: iloilo
Default [Q] N9005ZHUENB5 ROOT help

Hi guys,

I am a newbie. I need help on my GN3 N9005ZHUENB5. I want to root it, install custom recovery and custom ROMS. However, I am not sure what method I should use.

Did anybody had the same firmware that I have who SUCCESSFULLY rooted their GN3? what method did you use?

additional help is highly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FlashAnnotate.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	2739109  
 
nakedtime
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 26
Posts: 115
Join Date: Apr 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cas911 View Post
Hi guys,

I am a newbie. I need help on my GN3 N9005ZHUENB5. I want to root it, install custom recovery and custom ROMS. However, I am not sure what method I should use.

Did anybody had the same firmware that I have who SUCCESSFULLY rooted their GN3? what method did you use?

additional help is highly appreciated.
I've got a 16Gig Hong Kong Note 3.
CF Auto Root worked just fine for me on NB5.
The Following User Says Thank You to nakedtime For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
cas911
Old
(Last edited by cas911; 12th May 2014 at 06:08 PM.)
#3  
cas911's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 15
Join Date: May 2013
Location: iloilo
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedtime View Post
I've got a 16Gig Hong Kong Note 3.
CF Auto Root worked just fine for me on NB5.
Thank you for replying. before I update it to kitkat the firmware was AP: N9005ZHUDMK1. Ive googled the firmware and I saw a website that gives a "tutorial on how to root n9005zhuenb5 using cf auto root". and I red the tutorial.

QUESTION, do in need to install samsung kies? and remove SD card and sim before rooting my GN3?
I just want to make sure. Sorry for all this queries.

please do give me some tips before rooting. thanks.
 
cas911
Old
#4  
cas911's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 15
Join Date: May 2013
Location: iloilo
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedtime View Post
I've got a 16Gig Hong Kong Note 3.
CF Auto Root worked just fine for me on NB5.
Thanks.. now im officially rooted.
 
ghostkura
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cas911 View Post
Thanks.. now im officially rooted.
Hi there I would like to know if you have tripped knox after rooting your GN3?
 
cas911
Old
#6  
cas911's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 15
Join Date: May 2013
Location: iloilo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostkura View Post
Hi there I would like to know if you have tripped knox after rooting your GN3?
Unfortunately YES..
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes