[Q] hd+ messed up, endless restart loop

OP peanuto

2nd June 2014, 09:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi all,
please help me on this, please.
I think my hd+ was messed up. I remember at first I had CWM boot environment. but when I was flashing NookHDplus-factory-2.20-plain-stock.zip, it crashed. I didn't realize the emmc structure might be lost, I restart and flashed the twrp_recovery_ovation_4.zip into the machine(I heard from somewhere else it might be helpful). but now it is even worse.

I have tried 3 bootable microSD card(1. pny 4G, class4, 2. kingston 8G, class4, 3. sandisk 4G, class2) 1. is imaged with emmc-cwm-early3.1.img; 2. is imaged with nookHDplus-bootable-cWM-6028-for-stock-4GB-rev4-(05.11.13).zip. and 3 is formatted with SDformat & actived and with files from NookHDplus-bootable-CWM-6028-for stock-BOOTFILES-r4-(05.15.13).rar.

1)so without microSD card in slot, the hd+ did as follows(the power supplier is plugged in for indication):
green light turn on 4 second-->nook icon(with adobe reader statement) 2 second-->white cyanoboot(and blue universal bootloader) icon 4 second
2) with class 4 microSD card.-->loop
green light turn on 4 second-->nook icon(with adobe reader statement) 2 second-->white cyanoboot(and blue universal bootloader) icon 15 second.-->loop
3 with class 2 card.
green light turn on 4 second-->nook icon(with adobe reader statement) 2 second-->white cyanoboot(and blue universal bootloader) icon 30 second-->loop.

So it looks hd+ saw the microSD card, but still cannot enter the correct procedure.

Does anyone has any idea what I can do now? I was so frustrated...

Thank you so much in advance!
2nd June 2014, 05:38 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,677

8,384 posts
Donate to Me
More
It might be that your emmc is bricked. All of the cards require that at least some of emmc is working. Verygreen made a noemmc CWM and ROM somewhere that I don't have a link for. Try searching the forum. Others have reported success with that in booting to CWM and getting a ROM working on SD.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
6th June 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

It might be that your emmc is bricked. All of the cards require that at least some of emmc is working. Verygreen made a noemmc CWM and ROM somewhere that I don't have a link for. Try searching the forum. Others have reported success with that in booting to CWM and getting a ROM working on SD.

Thank you very much! I would like to try it in the weekend. But I noticed in the discussions, that the OS on sdcard will also use some part of emmc, so if the emmc has errors in those part, the OS will not operate successfully, right?

By the way, is there any possibilities that you professionals make a kind of 'tool' microSD, that can automatically format and rebuild the file structures on a messed emmc and then copy/restore the stock OS to it without any manual input. Or even better, since the space of SD card is usually big enough, people can copy different OS zips into it, so that the tool card can let people to choose which OS to be installed after it automatically format and rebuild the file system structure on emmc.
Thanks again.
6th June 2014, 06:02 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,677

8,384 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanuto

Thank you very much! I would like to try it in the weekend. But I noticed in the discussions, that the OS on sdcard will also use some part of emmc, so if the emmc has errors in those part, the OS will not operate successfully, right?

By the way, is there any possibilities that you professionals make a kind of 'tool' microSD, that can automatically format and rebuild the file structures on a messed emmc and then copy/restore the stock OS to it without any manual input. Or even better, since the space of SD card is usually big enough, people can copy different OS zips into it, so that the tool card can let people to choose which OS to be installed after it automatically format and rebuild the file system structure on emmc.
Thanks again.

Not me. It is too complex on the HD/HD+.

And you are right, the status of emmc can effect SD installs.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread