Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,776 Members 53,487 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][GB CM7 based port]MokeeOS by psone1

Tip us?

poondog
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 10,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternalman View Post
Mark, I had a question. What is the exact problem with Sense 5 ROM? We need hackers to make drivers for it or somthing else?
Can't make drivers. On AOSP the libs for the ROM can be compiled from CAF source of whatever
On sense they're pre compiled and you need sense libs for sense ROM. That's why we can't have sense on other devices (not often anyway) because they need kernel, libs and ROM to talk to each other. These libs can only be hex edited, not compiled and changed from source
Drivera need to be hacked to work with the kernel
The kernel isn't really functional anyway, well proof of concept only

Plus there are no libs and kernel for our msm7x30 wvga devices for jb or above

We got sense 4 easy since one v uses very similar board

Eternalman
Old
Thanks Meter 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by poondog View Post
Can't make drivers. On AOSP the libs for the ROM can be compiled from CAF source of whatever
On sense they're pre compiled and you need sense libs for sense ROM. That's why we can't have sense on other devices (not often anyway) because they need kernel, libs and ROM to talk to each other. These libs can only be hex edited, not compiled and changed from source
Drivera need to be hacked to work with the kernel
The kernel isn't really functional anyway, well proof of concept only

Plus there are no libs and kernel for our msm7x30 wvga devices for jb or above

We got sense 4 easy since one v uses very similar board
But there has to be a way...! When it comes to digital world, everything has to be possible. What about the Sense SDK. Does it have any uses?

rqmok
Old
Thanks Meter 357

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I don't know what is wrong with our device... Sense ROMs are always heavier than AOSP or CM ROMs, but they always function better. Tean Venom's ViperVIVO is the heaviest Sense 4.1 ROM, but it functions better than 4.1 or 4.2 or 4.3 or even 4.4 ROMs. The reason why I asked @szezso to debug the Sense 5 ROM was exactly because of this. Sense functions the best.

Beside that, AOSP ROMs don't have a damn thing. All they have is the "Quiet Hours" option. Nothing more for real. We might like it or we might not, but the truth is, we have just kept our device still updated. There is a reason why HTC didn't upgrade our phone to a Sense 4+ ROM. The device just can't handle it even for 90%.

Final words: We need a Sense ROM. Probably the Sense 5 if the Devs can make it work. Minor bugs are toleratable, but main bugs are not going to work out for us... The device already lacks hardware issues. If the software isn't going to be bugless, then the best way is going straight to the rubbish bin and then buy a new phone. I've decided to keep the device for one more year and the get rid of it. I haven't decided what to buy, but I know this phone is no longer even a 5/10 (Except the camera. I haven't seen such an 8 MP camera until today. It was produced 3 years ago, but still it works as a charm.)
This is not one of the worst phones. So, please be patient, because I am trying to develop a 3.4 kernel.

When I say I'm trying then that means that I am only trying. I cannot guarantee a 3.4 kernel for this phone.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100T (Vodafone AU)
ROM: Ehndroix (always the latest version)

Xperia Style ROM for Huawei U8800
CyanogenMod 10 ROM for Huawei U8800

Github
Twitter
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rqmok For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Eternalman
Old
Thanks Meter 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by rqmok View Post
This is not one of the worst phones. So, please be patient, because I am trying to develop a 3.4 kernel.

When I say I'm trying then that means that I am only trying. I cannot guarantee a 3.4 kernel for this phone.
Dude, I've waited for 2 years, I can keep waiting, not a problem. But the thing is, I'm just tired of waiting. If you can (I don't know how) make a 3.4 kernel, everything changes. I can just wish you success...

The Following User Says Thank You to Eternalman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rqmok
Old
Thanks Meter 357

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I don't know what is wrong with our device... Sense ROMs are always heavier than AOSP or CM ROMs, but they always function better. Tean Venom's ViperVIVO is the heaviest Sense 4.1 ROM, but it functions better than 4.1 or 4.2 or 4.3 or even 4.4 ROMs. The reason why I asked @szezso to debug the Sense 5 ROM was exactly because of this. Sense functions the best.
Of course Sense ROMs would function better, because the kernel is Sense compatible. I don't know how this is so, but I know that this is the case. This is why AOSP ROMs don't function well with the Sense kernel.
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100T (Vodafone AU)
ROM: Ehndroix (always the latest version)

Xperia Style ROM for Huawei U8800
CyanogenMod 10 ROM for Huawei U8800

Github
Twitter
The Following User Says Thank You to rqmok For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

poondog
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 10,560
Quote:
But there has to be a way...! When it comes to digital world, everything has to be possible. What about the Sense SDK. Does it have any uses?
That's for making apps lol

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Eternalman
Old
Thanks Meter 269
Quote:
That's for making apps lol

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Oops...!

poondog
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 10,560
Quote:
Oops...!
I think many believe HTC are more generous than they are
They are only giving out what they have to. The sense SDK is out so people will make sense apps, and increase popularity of sense
Their kernel source is a joke, they stripped all comments from it so I don't know what I'm reading
HTC do all they can to make it hard for the community so we buy their new phones
The Following User Says Thank You to poondog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Eternalman
Old
(Last edited by Eternalman; 6th June 2014 at 05:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 269
Quote:
I think many believe HTC are more generous than they are
They are only giving out what they have to. The sense SDK is out so people will make sense apps, and increase popularity of sense
Their kernel source is a joke, they stripped all comments from it so I don't know what I'm reading
HTC do all they can to make it hard for the community so we buy their new phones
It is a policy for phone manufacturers. Like Apple with its closed source iOS. Though I like HTC, because it has innovation. It is Android which is based on Sense in my opinion. But others... They produce android based phones. Like Sammy, Touchwiz is just a theme on an AOSP ROM, Nothing more really.

Man, I'm felling in love with this Vertu Signature Touch. It is ... WOW...