OP nightfox11

3rd June 2014, 06:03 AM   |  #171  
Flag nyc
Thanks Meter: 198

486 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolboyztn

it cant if its flashable zip files, but so far nobody made it yet.

i was referring to unzipped tar files like the ones you can download from sammobile.com once extracted they become flashable with mobile odin correct?
4th June 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #172  
Thanks Meter: 42

190 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgmikejr

Here's a mirror to the stock NE6 tar file I downloaded from sammobile.com last night. I have flashed this over top my rooted NE5 stock rom via odin on my Win 7 PC and then re-rooted with Chainfire's cf-auto root tar, then flashed twrp and I have had no issues with NE6. Data speeds are just as good as they were with the NCH modem.

https://mega.co.nz/#!UMxxFIjQ!x_2y9I...BCTBw-0QgybXlM

Does doing this not wipe everything?
4th June 2014, 01:37 AM   |  #173  
Flag sOmE WhErE
Thanks Meter: 94

394 posts
More
nope, but if u rooted then u have to re-root.
4th June 2014, 02:04 AM   |  #174  

190 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by koolboyztn

nope, but if u rooted then u have to re-root.

Are there any special settings for ODIN to avoid the wipe? I know don't check repartition obviously, but anything else? It seems wrong that it doesn't wipe to me and I'd prefer not to find out for myself, you know?
4th June 2014, 02:05 AM   |  #175  
Flag sOmE WhErE

394 posts
More
you shouldnt change anything, i think by default the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time is checked that all.
4th June 2014, 08:18 PM   |  #176  
Flag Cleveland

474 posts
Donate to Me
More
Clock My speed did not change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikea3000

Not good...originally it seemed like this issue was limited to att sims. Anyone update with a tmobile sim without a reduction in speed?

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Was your phone rooted? I hope they can fix this fast, usually unless an issue such as this hits the blog sites it could take long time to get tmobile to recognize there is an issue

My speed is A OK. Even from inside my house which is usually a problem. I'm stock phone, T Mobile updated through Kies and followed instructions. Restarted the phone a few times after update before using.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikea3000

Thanks, that kind of makes sense. others are not seeing it via kies today, so many the update was pulled.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Just curious if anyone did the update and had no reduced download speeds. Thanks

Thirty minutes ago.
4th June 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #177  

190 posts
Working well
I did the update via Odin and sure enough it didn't wipe... cool, I just didn't know that Anyway, re-rooted and enabled SD write access and all is working well for me. Even fixed my missing NFC icon issue Comms speed is fine for me, overall UX might be a little snappier, though not drastic enough to be sure it isn't just my imagination. Very smooth update on 3 S5's in my house.
5th June 2014, 10:22 PM   |  #178  
Thanks Meter: 3

49 posts
what are peoples baseband version saying after running the ane6 update? My Baseband is saying NE5 and build number is sayin NE6. I had downgraded the modem to get back my speeds. so im wondering if i needed to run the update again or flash the modem seperate. Odin did say it was flashing the modem on the status screen.
edit:
i just found and flashed the NE6 modem and it didnt take, its still listed and NE5. Any ideas?
Edit: figured it out. i had to pull the battery and flash modem again. Leaving this here in case someone else has the same issue.
Thanks
Erider
Last edited by erider; 5th June 2014 at 11:09 PM.
6th June 2014, 12:20 PM   |  #179  
Thanks Meter: 113

316 posts
Nothing ota here in Philadelphia

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
6th June 2014, 06:30 PM   |  #180  
Behind you
Thanks Meter: 107

619 posts
More
No OTA in Springfield MO

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread