Post Reply

Repo Syc errors

OP Jaskaran498

6th January 2014, 05:05 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ludhiana
Thanks Meter: 131
 
653 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Hi
I am trying to build a rom from PA sources using this guide->

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1863547

the first error occured while downloading repo using-
Code:
curl https://dl-ssl.google.com/dl/googlesource/git-repo/repo > ~/bin/repo
(+some other commands according to tutorial)

but it always came out to be corrupted and when i opened file there was error like "404 not found".

So i downloaded repo using ->

Code:
mkdir ~/bin && curl http://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/git-repo-downloads/repo > ~/bin/repo && chmod a+x ~/bin/repo
as told in this guide-> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2464683 and it worked fine and i succesfully installed repo.

Then second problem came while creating local_manifest.xml
Since my phone is galaxy s3 i9300, i directly copied and pasted this code as OP said in first tutorial->

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <project name="ParanoidAndroid/android_device_samsung_i9300" path="device/samsung/i9300" remote="github" revision="cm-10.2" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_kernel_samsung_smdk4412" path="kernel/samsung/smdk4412" remote="github" revision="cm-10.2" />
  <project name="ParanoidAndroid/android_device_samsung_smdk4412-common" path="device/samsung/smdk4412-common" remote="github" revision="cm-10.2" />
  <project name="TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_samsung" path="vendor/samsung" remote="github" revision="cm-10.2" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_SamsungServiceMode" path="packages/apps/SamsungServiceMode" remote="github" revision="cm-10.2" />
  <project name="CyanogenMod/android_hardware_samsung" path="hardware/samsung" remote="github" revision="cm-10.2" />
</manifest>
I put this file in .repo/
but when running repo sync, it gave error-> warning: local_manifest.xml is deprecated; put local manifests in local_manifests instead

So i deleted it for time being.

Then I ran repo sync again and this time i got following errors->
fatal: Not a Git repository: "path to my repo"/bionic.git
fatal: Not a Git repository: "path to my repo"/recovery.git

So i also deleted these two files and ran repo sync again. This time it was ok.

But I know I am in serious trouble.

I am trying to get PA 4.2.2 version using->
Code:
repo init -u git://github.com/ParanoidAndroid/manifest.git -b jellybean-legacy

Also, the tutorial by gokussjx says->
Quote:

VERY IMPORTANT: Now, before the final stage sync, make sure there's no code referring to 'ParanoidPreferences' in manifest.

To check that

1) Open your File Browser,
2) Press Ctrl+H (to show hidden files/directories)
3) Navigate to android/system/.repo/manifest.xml
(Right Click & open the XML file in text editor)

*REMOVE ANY 'PARANOIDPREFERENCES' CODE FROM MANIFEST*
*REMOVE GROUPER DEVICE TREE FROM MANIFEST*

I never found any such things in manifest.xml
(Maybe because I am downloading one from 4.2.2 instead of 4.3?)

And the final array of errors I am getting->
Code:
error: RPC failed; result=56, HTTP code = 200
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed
and
Code:
ror: Cannot fetch ParanoidAndroid/android_build
I have also tried deleting the whole directory and starting over again, but results are same.
Please help.
Last edited by Jaskaran498; 6th January 2014 at 05:20 PM.
6th January 2014, 05:51 PM   |  #2  
Edge-Case's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Are you using ethernet?

I had issues with repo stalling to a stand-still, but not crashing when using ethernet, I switched to wifi and I was able to synce. Something about tcp windowing.

Also, XML is notoriously finicky. Sometimes a cut and paste of the whole page has fixed bugs and errors for me. I didn't even have to change a single character. I think XML is crap but thats my opinion based on my experience with it. Sorry, not much help. Look around, I know the repo init command needs to be right to.

If the devs are asking you o remove code from a script, forget that sh*t, they are lazy.

What ever you do, don't keep trying the same thing over and over.
The Following User Says Thank You to Edge-Case For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th January 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ludhiana
Thanks Meter: 131
 
653 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge-Case

Are you using ethernet?

I had issues with repo stalling to a stand-still, but not crashing when using ethernet, I switched to wifi and I was able to synce. Something about tcp windowing.

Also, XML is notoriously finicky. Sometimes a cut and paste of the whole page has fixed bugs and errors for me. I didn't even have to change a single character. I think XML is crap but thats my opinion based on my experience with it. Sorry, not much help. Look around, I know the repo init command needs to be right to.

If the devs are asking you o remove code from a script, forget that sh*t, they are lazy.

What ever you do, don't keep trying the same thing over and over.

Thanks for reply.
I am actually using vmware workstation 10 for this work.
Yeah i use ethernet, but how could that be problem i wonder... it just provides Internet access....
And btw there are a lot bunch of errors.....
What should i do about local_manifest.xml?? It's main device structure right?
7th January 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #4  
Edge-Case's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskaran498

Thanks for reply.
I am actually using vmware workstation 10 for this work.
Yeah i use ethernet, but how could that be problem i wonder... it just provides Internet access....
And btw there are a lot bunch of errors.....
What should i do about local_manifest.xml?? It's main device structure right?

hmm

I dont use vmware if I don't have to.

For me, the ethernet had something to do with Linux kernel and tcp windowing, not sure, but using wifi for syncing works.

Start fresh, try CyanogenMod

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_i9300

if that recipe works, then PA's recipe is probably broken or the guide you read was wrong. Otherwise, if CM fails, it is probably your set-up. I have an easy time building on 64bit Kali Linux, it comes with the SDK and a lot of tools to test your builds against or to reverse engineer proprietary drivers.
The Following User Says Thank You to Edge-Case For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2014, 01:39 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ludhiana
Thanks Meter: 131
 
653 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge-Case

hmm

I dont use vmware if I don't have to.

For me, the ethernet had something to do with Linux kernel and tcp windowing, not sure, but using wifi for syncing works.

Start fresh, try CyanogenMod

http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Build_for_i9300

if that recipe works, then PA's recipe is probably broken or the guide you read was wrong. Otherwise, if CM fails, it is probably your set-up. I have an easy time building on 64bit Kali Linux, it comes with the SDK and a lot of tools to test your builds against or to reverse engineer proprietary drivers.

well... CM worked well, though I had to install some dependencies that were not mentioned in guide before. Maybe i will be able to get PA to work also.
Currently I changed my mind and I'll be trying out to cm10.1 .
So far no errors.
I'll see how it goes and then try PA too.
thanks for help so far
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaskaran498 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 209
 
941 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskaran498

well... CM worked well, though I had to install some dependencies that were not mentioned in guide before. Maybe i will be able to get PA to work also.
Currently I changed my mind and I'll be trying out to cm10.1 .
So far no errors.
I'll see how it goes and then try PA too.
thanks for help so far

Can i ask wich dependencies because i use same tut with same error (git repository not found error) for the Galaxy ace 2x i used local_manifest.xml from my cm10.2 device tree.
Thanks in advance.
6th June 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Ludhiana
Thanks Meter: 131
 
653 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anas Karbila

Can i ask wich dependencies because i use same tut with same error (git repository not found error) for the Galaxy ace 2x i used local_manifest.xml from my cm10.2 device tree.
Thanks in advance.

Thats an old rhing and i dont remember precisly, but i remember installing all dependencies that were listed in how to build cm tutorial (just look for it, its common) and also the ones that were listed in how to build your own ubuntu touch on ut wiki page (i just selected and installed all, missing ones got automatically installed). In the end, i remember updating my repo too.
6th June 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 209
 
941 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaskaran498

Thats an old rhing and i dont remember precisly, but i remember installing all dependencies that were listed in how to build cm tutorial (just look for it, its common) and also the ones that were listed in how to build your own ubuntu touch on ut wiki page (i just selected and installed all, missing ones got automatically installed). In the end, i remember updating my repo too.

A thanks but i already solved the problem

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank