Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 41,964 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Flashing Custom ROM S-OFF?

Tip us?

Oli Horwood
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Flashing Custom ROM S-OFF?

Do you HAVE to have S-OFF to be able to flash custom ROMs?

I have successfully unlocked my bootloader by using the HTCDEV method and running TWRP recovery and have root access.

Although I have all this, do I still have to have S-OFF for this to work. My screen in recovery mode says "TAMPERED" "UNLOCKED" and "S-ON" at the top, will this be okay to flash CM11?

Thanks Guys

oli

samsamuel
Old
Thanks Meter 1,048
no, s-off is only needed to flash radios and to sim unlock and such like, no problem flashing custom recoveries and roms whilst s-on
ViperOneM8 VIPER4Android

O2 UK automated free sim unlock form.

Want to say thanks? Do you buy stuff on eBay? Click HERE to donate to me FOR FREE

Oli Horwood
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsamuel View Post
no, s-off is only needed to flash radios and to sim unlock and such like, no problem flashing custom recoveries and roms whilst s-on
Thanks mate. I'm all up and running with this now. Just have one problem, I flashed Gapps, and it won't let me access the play store and keeps popping up with error messages saying it can't connect to the google servers, won't let me use search or anything...

Oli

samsamuel
Old
Thanks Meter 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli Horwood View Post
Thanks mate. I'm all up and running with this now. Just have one problem, I flashed Gapps, and it won't let me access the play store and keeps popping up with error messages saying it can't connect to the google servers, won't let me use search or anything...

Oli
Sorry, no clue, except i do know the play store and such have a problem if the date/time is wrong, other than that, i cant help.
ViperOneM8 VIPER4Android

O2 UK automated free sim unlock form.

Want to say thanks? Do you buy stuff on eBay? Click HERE to donate to me FOR FREE

ashyx
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Clear the data and cache for play store and services then reboot.