Default [Q] Seeking HELP WITH TETHER ISSUE [HOTSPOT] [GALAXY S4 ROOTED]

first off let me say im not sure if this is the right spot in the forums to post this, forgive me if its not.

but im looking for some help with a tethering problem.

my setup is im using a verizon sansung galaxy s4 with a bring your own phone straight talk sim ( running the ST apn settings listed below)

Name: Straight Talk
APN: tfdata
Proxy: none
port: 80
Username: WAP@CINGULARGPRS(dot)COM
Password: CINGULAR1
Server: none
MMSC: http mms-tf(dot)net
MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone(dot)com
MMS Port: 80
MCC:310
MNC:410
Authentication Type: none
APN Protocol: IPv4

now while my data and every thing works as normal i have bypassed the provision pop up allowing me to use the hotspot. i connect fine to the laptop and am able to browse normally, but im a gamer, usually i would bridge/ share the data on the laptop via ethernet to the xbox but that doesnt work, nor does trying to connect via the hotspot using the wifi built in on xbox.
also i connected fine on a ipod touch and could browse web pages. but it seems when i went to go to the app store it just sat there trying to load but never showed anything. am i missing something? also tried connecting my smart tv but it said no internet. so basically all im able to do is connect via the hotspot to browse websites on devices, what would i need to do to get it to work with the xbox, tv, app store etc??? is it something in the APN settings?

I am rooted.