[Q] How to push rom via adb

Search This thread

antarix

May 16, 2012
Surat
i flashed gpe version on xt1033 with TWRP 2.7.1.0
after copying all the files back to sdcard i rebooted into TWRP
in TWRP i changed the file system to f2fs for system, data and cache.
unfortunately i lost everything on my internal memory.
i don't mind flashing the stock firmware again but if i do so than i will again try to convert the partitions to f2fs and i will again be in the same problem.
i tried to push rom via by following command
adb sideload rom.zip
it showed and error "error:closed"

again i tried with another command
adb push rom.zip /sdcard
it showed that the file has been pushed in command prompt with transfer bitrate but the phone didn't react anything
still i tried to reboot into recovery via long press power button
i succesfully rebooted into recovery but i was unable to find the rom zip
i tried it several times but had no luck.

adizz4

Apr 30, 2011
Bengaluru
Before sideloading you need to be in sideload mode i think

Also /sdcard might not be the correct path to the sdcard. I'm not sure what the correct path on this phone is.

Reactions: antarix

antarix

May 16, 2012
Surat

Also /sdcard might not be the correct path to the sdcard. I'm not sure what the correct path on this phone is.

I tried with adb side loading enabled.
I wrote that command prompt showed file transferred but nothing was visible on phone.

Sent from my Moto G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

antarix

May 16, 2012
Surat
I don't know why it doesn't happen? I thought f2fs file system is much better than ext4 but I want to use ROM which is incompatible with dual Sim version.

sent from xt1033 with RenderBroken's kernel

antarix

May 16, 2012
Surat
When u plug ur mobile to pc via usb is there pop up coming saying something about software installation??

Nope cause the software is already installed. I flashed stock at last but I am looking for a solution to this so that I can change file system to f2fs.

Push rom.Zip to sdcard

adb push rom.zip /sdcard/

After pushing do a normal install. Dont use side load option

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

I tried this method but the file doesn't show up in internal memory. After the command prompt says the file has been transferred I cancel adb and it shows failed.

abhi0502

Dec 3, 2013
Mumbai
OnePlus 7 Pro
Nope cause the software is already installed. I flashed stock at last but I am looking for a solution to this so that I can change file system to f2fs.
I tried this method but the file doesn't show up in internal memory. After the command prompt says the file has been transferred I cancel adb and it shows failed.
I was asking because after that it says some .dll file missing
On my pc adb sideload is working but not on my laptop because of that .dll file

Reactions: antarix

ankitxperia

Feb 19, 2011
mumbai
@ankitxperia I didn't understand your command adb push C:\ROM /sdcard

i wil be explaning with as much as detail as possible first boot into recovery then open cmd and navigate to adb tool and open a cmd window from there(as usual) i am using Minimal adb flashtool
Now type adb devices it should show some info like serial no etc if not then you cant proceed check your drivers etc if the problem presists then uninstall all drivers and try again if the problem still presists then install pda net this will definetly solve your problem here is the link http://www.dominantwire.com/2012/11/how-to-solve-adb-device-not-found-error.html#.U5L5C3KSxA0

NOW to PUSH files from Pc to internal storage use Push command
adb push C:\ROM /sdcard

what this command will do is that my Rom files i hav stored in C:\ROM and /sdcard will move the to files to your internal sd card

here is the good tutorial regarding using push pull command http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/general/guide-making-backups-adb-t2411965

HOPE this helps btw an you Tell me how did you convert Ext4 partion to F2fs also can you give me theWhich TWRp recovery have you installed also the download link too if possible

Reactions: jonrodz and antarix

antarix

May 16, 2012
Surat
ok just flashed the 2.7.1 TWRP also do ihave to convert /Data and all other directories to f2fs or Only /system to F2fs ???
udate i tried converting System to f2fs but it still shows pation as Ext4

Once you have converted system than reboot to recovery it will show f2fs. I changed everything that's why had to push rom coz it formats that partition.

jonrodz

Nov 9, 2014
San Pedro Sula
i wil be explaning with as much as detail as possible first boot into recovery then open cmd and navigate to adb tool and open a cmd window from there(as usual) i am using Minimal adb flashtool
Now type adb devices it should show some info like serial no etc if not then you cant proceed check your drivers etc if the problem presists then uninstall all drivers and try again if the problem still presists then install pda net this will definetly solve your problem here is the link http://www.dominantwire.com/2012/11/how-to-solve-adb-device-not-found-error.html#.U5L5C3KSxA0

what this command will do is that my Rom files i hav stored in C:\ROM and /sdcard will move the to files to your internal sd card

here is the good tutorial regarding using push pull command http://xdaforums.com/nexus-4/general/guide-making-backups-adb-t2411965

HOPE this helps btw an you Tell me how did you convert Ext4 partion to F2fs also can you give me theWhich TWRp recovery have you installed also the download link too if possible

You, sir, saved my life! Thank you! I did the pda.net and worked... ;)

My problem was that I did factory reset, and forgot i had no rom in sd card, neither a backup. x.x

Tried to push rom via adb push command, but 'device not found' message appeared.
Then tried to adb sideload the rom, but the same error appeared...
So i uninstalled all motorola drivers, and installed pda.net. Tried to push again the rom, but didnt worked. Sideloaded again, and did worked! :D I was using minimal adb tool... :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @ankitxperia I didn't understand your command adb push C:\ROM /sdcard

I was asking because after that it says some .dll file missing
    On my pc adb sideload is working but not on my laptop because of that .dll file

Use twrp 2.7.1.0
    It had option to change file system in advanced wipe section.