xda VERY slow loading

OP geronimo48

29th May 2014, 01:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Charleston, SC
Thanks Meter: 4

92 posts
More
I've noticed xda takes a long time to open and change pages in my browser (Chrome). It frequently times out and gives me an error message. Sometimes I can push it to finish opening by pressing F5 (reload). Other times I have to close it and open again. This happens FREQUENTLY. I have also noticed several video ads that run automatically in multiple windows. I can pause one of them at a time by clicking on it, but of course, this doesn't help with the slow loading problem.

Is there any way to opt out of these videos (one seems to show women in sportswear making sushi) or just shut them off? I suspect that this is the problem.
29th May 2014, 11:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 19

134 posts
Donate to Me
More
Its been happening to me too, I just came to this thread to report this. I have an adblock so not sure about the ad but Its talking way longer time to load and sometimes i get error that unable to reach website.
I am using safari on mac.

Thanks
6th June 2014, 01:52 PM   |  #3  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 440

213 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by geronimo48

I've noticed xda takes a long time to open and change pages in my browser (Chrome). It frequently times out and gives me an error message. Sometimes I can push it to finish opening by pressing F5 (reload). Other times I have to close it and open again. This happens FREQUENTLY. I have also noticed several video ads that run automatically in multiple windows. I can pause one of them at a time by clicking on it, but of course, this doesn't help with the slow loading problem.
Is there any way to opt out of these videos (one seems to show women in sportswear making sushi) or just shut them off? I suspect that this is the problem.

Mate, consider the fact XDA is currently frequented from thousands and thousands people. This could mean - in some cases - their servers could be sometimes overloaded, producing the annoyances you experienced.
6th June 2014, 07:40 PM   |  #4  
XDA:Administrator
Thanks Meter: 1,277

1,056 posts
More
This was caused by a bad DNS server - it is all fixed up now so your speed should be fine. Closing this thread, for any issues in the future please visit the XDA issues thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1987254
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread