Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,022 Members 53,409 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

xda VERY slow loading

Tip us?

geronimo48
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default xda VERY slow loading

I've noticed xda takes a long time to open and change pages in my browser (Chrome). It frequently times out and gives me an error message. Sometimes I can push it to finish opening by pressing F5 (reload). Other times I have to close it and open again. This happens FREQUENTLY. I have also noticed several video ads that run automatically in multiple windows. I can pause one of them at a time by clicking on it, but of course, this doesn't help with the slow loading problem.

Is there any way to opt out of these videos (one seems to show women in sportswear making sushi) or just shut them off? I suspect that this is the problem.
Samsung Galaxy S5

ikm19
Old
Thanks Meter 19

DONATE TO ME
Its been happening to me too, I just came to this thread to report this. I have an adblock so not sure about the ad but Its talking way longer time to load and sometimes i get error that unable to reach website.
I am using safari on mac.

Thanks

streambinder
Old
Thanks Meter 234

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by geronimo48 View Post
I've noticed xda takes a long time to open and change pages in my browser (Chrome). It frequently times out and gives me an error message. Sometimes I can push it to finish opening by pressing F5 (reload). Other times I have to close it and open again. This happens FREQUENTLY. I have also noticed several video ads that run automatically in multiple windows. I can pause one of them at a time by clicking on it, but of course, this doesn't help with the slow loading problem.
Is there any way to opt out of these videos (one seems to show women in sportswear making sushi) or just shut them off? I suspect that this is the problem.
Mate, consider the fact XDA is currently frequented from thousands and thousands people. This could mean - in some cases - their servers could be sometimes overloaded, producing the annoyances you experienced.

bitpushr
Old
XDA:Administrator
Thanks Meter 1,189
This was caused by a bad DNS server - it is all fixed up now so your speed should be fine. Closing this thread, for any issues in the future please visit the XDA issues thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1987254
Current Phone: Nexus 5 (Android L)

Tox Secure IM Secure Hash: 79C7D3CDA80B4A657A215DD020586AA38C9C7A685F039F46E0 98CF4D107A3D427A9FA590CE3D
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe