[ROM][Flo][4.4.2] Tablet UI Building Kit
SlateKit project (slatekit.org) is a drop-in replacement of Android UI stack,
This means you don't need to flash your device, just drop the file, execute the script, then it's done.
Today we announce the first technical preview of SlateKit Base for Nexus 7 (2013),
the platform-specific port, alone with other UI components like Browser, LockScreen and Keyboard.
- Nexus 7 “razor”  (WiFi)
- Android 4.4.2 (KOT49H)
- rooted and adb shell access
- Download the image: goo.gl/ybYVO1 (146.7 MB)
- Unzip files to /data, make sure busybox has executable permission
- Start the UI by:
- a minimal Ubuntu root filesystem (Trusty/armhf)
- Qt 5.2.1 and Oxide 1.0 (Chromium content API wrapper)
- libhybris for hardware acceleration
- hwcomposer QPA from Mer project
Theoretically this rootfs works for all Android 4.4 system with HW composer 1.1/1.2,
so I'll try to enable it on other SoCs and make an installer.
If you find this interesting or useful, welcome to join the project: