Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Best car charger?

OP imex99

22nd May 2014, 11:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Columbus,OH
Thanks Meter: 83

1,153 posts
More
Would prefer a dual usb but what is the best in ur opinion? (Sprint 7.0)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
25th May 2014, 09:31 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 18

110 posts
I've bought an original Samsung ,with 2A output,it's not dual usb http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cel...ECA-U21CBEBXAR
Cheers!
28th May 2014, 04:51 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 43

544 posts
My tab 3 7.0 won't charge on a car charger (or USB on PC either). Is it supposed to?

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA Free mobile app
4th June 2014, 03:15 AM   |  #4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllstarE4

My tab 3 7.0 won't charge on a car charger (or USB on PC either). Is it supposed to?

Yes, it should, as long as the vehicle power outlets and usb chargers are operational and provide the correct voltage.
4th June 2014, 01:01 PM   |  #5  

544 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaPimp

Yes, it should, as long as the vehicle power outlets and usb chargers are operational and provide the correct voltage.

Hmm. Maybe there's something up with my tablet then. I found a YouTube video for the tab 10.1 that showed to plug the USB cord in just slightly to where it makes a connection to charge, but isn't fully inserted to make the data connection. This trick is working for me with the USB PC connection and car charger. It makes me think there should be a way to change a setting or something to always make it charge when plugged in.

4th June 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 41

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaPimp

Same here. Mine won't charge either
The Following User Says Thank You to sh0cksquatch For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2014, 12:10 AM   |  #7  
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 24

170 posts
Donate to Me
More
Sammy has been guilty of moving around power lines on their devices so that only there chargers and usb cords will work. Galaxy 2 phones and a few tablets won't charge on OEM or other manufactures cables.

SM-T217A
I don't have the problem. I use a belkin dual port car charger... one is 2.0A ... the second is 1.1A. Charge my note 3 and tab off the 2A plug. I can tell you the tab wont charge on the 1.1A... but the Note 3 will just super slow.
6th June 2014, 08:05 PM   |  #8  

544 posts
I have a Lenmar dual USB car charger that is 2.1A per port. That "should" charge it, but apparently Sammy blocks it. I wish there was a workaround in the firmware.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread