Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,023 Members 44,098 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] swap sd card mini 2

Tip us?
 
themaskreturnz
Old
#11  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocthird View Post
can you try to replace its content with this one ? it should work , dont forget to mount system as read and write (rw)

## Vold 2.0 Generic fstab
## - San Mehat (san@android.com)
##

#######################
## Regular device mount
##
## Format: dev_mount <label> <mount_point> <part> <sysfs_path1...>
## label - Label for the volume
## mount_point - Where the volume will be mounted
## part - Partition # (1 based), or 'auto' for first usable partition.
## <sysfs_path> - List of sysfs paths to source devices
######################

# internal sdcard
{
ums_path = /sys/devices/platform/usb_mass_storage/lun0/file
asec = disable
discard = enable
format_option = -r 2236
}
dev_mount sdcard1 /mnt/sdcard 23 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.3/mmc_host/

# externel sdcard
{
ums_path = /sys/devices/platform/usb_mass_storage/lun1/file
asec = enable
format_option = -r 2236
}
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard/external_sd auto /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.1/mmc_host/

# otg sdcard
{
ums_path = /dev/zero
asec = disable
}
usb_mount sdcard2 /mnt/sdcard/usbStorage auto /devices/platform/msm_hsusb_host.0
#end line ## keep this line




Sent from my GT-S6500D using XDA Free mobile app
after i try this sd card and usb stroge cannot mount n all above show UNAVAILABLE ... why??? n how 2 solve this??
 
pocthird
Old
#12  
Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 82
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: bejaia
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaskreturnz View Post
after i try this sd card and usb stroge cannot mount n all above show UNAVAILABLE ... why??? n how 2 solve this??
sorry my mistake , here is the fully edited one (it didn't save when i quited the text editor ) :
## Vold 2.0 Generic fstab
## - San Mehat (san@android.com)
##

#######################
## Regular device mount
##
## Format: dev_mount <label> <mount_point> <part> <sysfs_path1...>
## label - Label for the volume
## mount_point - Where the volume will be mounted
## part - Partition # (1 based), or 'auto' for first usable partition.
## <sysfs_path> - List of sysfs paths to source devices
######################

# internal sdcard
{
ums_path = /sys/devices/platform/usb_mass_storage/lun0/file
asec = disable
discard = enable
format_option = -r 2236
}
dev_mount sdcard1 /mnt/sdcard/external_sd 23 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.3/mmc_host/

# externel sdcard
{
ums_path = /sys/devices/platform/usb_mass_storage/lun1/file
asec = enable
format_option = -r 2236
}
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.1/mmc_host/

# otg sdcard
{
ums_path = /dev/zero
asec = disable
}
usb_mount sdcard2 /mnt/sdcard/usbStorage auto /devices/platform/msm_hsusb_host.0
#end line ## keep this line

tested and working with my gts6500d
if this is not working i'm going to tell you how to get back to normal state as i made a backup before editing
 
themaskreturnz
Old
#13  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 11
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocthird View Post
sorry my mistake , here is the fully edited one (it didn't save when i quited the text editor ) :
## Vold 2.0 Generic fstab
## - San Mehat (san@android.com)
##

#######################
## Regular device mount
##
## Format: dev_mount <label> <mount_point> <part> <sysfs_path1...>
## label - Label for the volume
## mount_point - Where the volume will be mounted
## part - Partition # (1 based), or 'auto' for first usable partition.
## <sysfs_path> - List of sysfs paths to source devices
######################

# internal sdcard
{
ums_path = /sys/devices/platform/usb_mass_storage/lun0/file
asec = disable
discard = enable
format_option = -r 2236
}
dev_mount sdcard1 /mnt/sdcard/external_sd 23 /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.3/mmc_host/

# externel sdcard
{
ums_path = /sys/devices/platform/usb_mass_storage/lun1/file
asec = enable
format_option = -r 2236
}
dev_mount sdcard /mnt/sdcard auto /devices/platform/msm_sdcc.1/mmc_host/

# otg sdcard
{
ums_path = /dev/zero
asec = disable
}
usb_mount sdcard2 /mnt/sdcard/usbStorage auto /devices/platform/msm_hsusb_host.0
#end line ## keep this line

tested and working with my gts6500d
if this is not working i'm going to tell you how to get back to normal state as i made a backup before editing
can ur make more easy and simple instruction ...like "link" iam give upper post... ??
 
pocthird
Old
(Last edited by pocthird; 6th June 2014 at 07:19 PM.)
#14  
Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 82
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: bejaia
first replace your vold.fstab with the one in attachment , and dont forget to first rename the one in attachment from "'vold.fstab.txt" to "vold.fstab"
if it doesn't work try this app i didnt try it , but for me the way i gave is working
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...68235269,d.d2k
Sent from my GT-S6500D using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Files
File Type: txt vold.fstab.txt - [Click for QR Code] (1.0 KB, 12 views)
 
TiTAN-O-One
Old
#15  
TiTAN-O-One's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 210
Posts: 1,413
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Singapore
Guys, where is the option to enable Swap SD? there is an option in cm9 tho but not 10.1 ...

Sent from my GT-S6500 using XDA Free mobile app
Samsung Galaxy W (Ancora)
Dopod 838 Pro (hTC Hermes)
 
pocthird
Old
#16  
Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 82
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: bejaia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiTAN-O-One View Post
Guys, where is the option to enable Swap SD? there is an option in cm9 tho but not 10.1 ...

Sent from my GT-S6500 using XDA Free mobile app
in 10.1 edit build.prop , you'll find it in system folder , of course you will have to use root explorer or anything that lets you edit system files , open build.prop with a text editor like kingsoft office and in the usb sexion (under the line #usb and storage or something like that ) find this line :

persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=0 ;

and make it =1
like this : persist.sys.vold.switchexternal=1

save and exit and reboot
ps: move the apps installed in internal sd to external or they will be broken
hope it helps
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes