Post Reply

Warranty Repair UK

OP N10AP

30th May 2014, 01:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 194
 
362 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Hello.

My Ultra has had a small issue since new - a slight screen fault

Sony saying warranty refused due to "unauthorised software upgrade"

Only ever flashed FTFs meant for the device - bootloader is locked.

I have a copy of the TA partition so I may restore that.

Should I resubmit the device once I get it back?

What are your thoughts please? Can I challenge this "unauthorised software upgrade" nonsense?
30th May 2014, 06:55 PM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,662
 
15,002 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Didn't you restore the TA partition before you sent it in?? If no, that's the reason why they're not fixing it. If you did restore.it, you've probably flashed a FTF from a different region. Be sure to restore and lock your bootloader and also be running the correct firmware from your region.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2014, 10:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 194
 
362 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Nope. Like an idiot I didn`t. I have numerous Sony phones here. A few Ultras etc

Can`t remember unlocking the bootloader on it.

I do have all TA partitions backed up with locked bootloader and unrooted so I will restore and send it back in.

If they will accept it.
30th May 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #4  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,662
 
15,002 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by N10AP

Nope. Like an idiot I didn`t. I have numerous Sony phones here. A few Ultras etc

Can`t remember unlocking the bootloader on it.

I do have all TA partitions backed up with locked bootloader and unrooted so I will restore and send it back in.

If they will accept it.

Yeah, that's probably it. Just be sure to have everything, and I mean EVERYTHING stock. Especially when you send it to Sony themselves. It's not a big deal if you're sending it in to an authorized service center (that's not Sony). They get money from Sony per repairment, so they're usually not that worried about details like these (my own experiences in Norway, so don't start assumeing things now).

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk
31st May 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 194
 
362 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan

Yeah, that's probably it. Just be sure to have everything, and I mean EVERYTHING stock. Especially when you send it to Sony themselves. It's not a big deal if you're sending it in to an authorized service center (that's not Sony). They get money from Sony per repairment, so they're usually not that worried about details like these (my own experiences in Norway, so don't start assumeing things now).

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

It isn`t actually Sony it is indeed some kind of subcontractor based in the south of the UK.

I haven`t received the handset back. Really worried about the condition it will come back in. It was immaculate and unmarked when it left me.

Hope they haven`t knackered it
31st May 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #6  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,662
 
15,002 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by N10AP

It isn`t actually Sony it is indeed some kind of subcontractor based in the south of the UK.

I haven`t received the handset back. Really worried about the condition it will come back in. It was immaculate and unmarked when it left me.

Hope they haven`t knackered it

Hmm, yeah that would be really bad. You didn't take a couple of photos of it with today's newspaper or anything before you shipped it? If not, that's a good idea to do. That way you'll have proof that it wasn't broken when you shipped it.

Aren't there any other autorized repair centers where you live? Or did you ship it to your carriers repair center?
2nd June 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 194
 
362 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordManhattan

Hmm, yeah that would be really bad. You didn't take a couple of photos of it with today's newspaper or anything before you shipped it? If not, that's a good idea to do. That way you'll have proof that it wasn't broken when you shipped it.

Aren't there any other autorized repair centers where you live? Or did you ship it to your carriers repair center?

I rang Sony, they sent an email, I sent the handset freepost to this firm in the south.

Fingers crossed it is back today. Anyway, off to College! (I`m 35 so a mature learner!)
2nd June 2014, 11:15 PM   |  #8  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kepler-34b
Thanks Meter: 5,662
 
15,002 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by N10AP

I rang Sony, they sent an email, I sent the handset freepost to this firm in the south.

Fingers crossed it is back today. Anyway, off to College! (I`m 35 so a mature learner!)

Yup! Let's hope it goes well! Nice to see that people are still going back to school. I'm going back myself this fall, and i'm 28.
The Following User Says Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Nottingham
Thanks Meter: 194
 
362 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
ok... Got phone back, scratched to bits. Official complaint going their way.

Bootloader is indeed locked and unrooted

They didn`t return my original proof of purchase.

Correct region... 1275-6410

Lets see what happens...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes