Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

manual updating from 4.1.1

OP cnile

5th June 2014, 07:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

30 posts
I can not update my samsung galaxy s3 unlocked att phone with the applicatn the phone. I need to download the update abd manually

i need download location for att galaxy s3

4.1.2 firmware

all i can find is 4.1.1 and earlier.

Also is there a newer one after 4.1.2 thats not 4.3.i have read there are lots of probles with 4.3 is that true still??

Thank you for all comments, ideas and links!
5th June 2014, 07:51 PM   |  #2  
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 74

354 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnile

I can not update my samsung galaxy s3 unlocked att phone with the applicatn the phone. I need to download the update abd manually

i need download location for att galaxy s3

4.1.2 firmware

all i can find is 4.1.1 and earlier.

Also is there a newer one after 4.1.2 thats not 4.3.i have read there are lots of probles with 4.3 is that true still??

Thank you for all comments, ideas and links!

First, if you live within the US or have access to the AT&T network, you should try to see if you can get an OTA update. If your phone is, unrooted, running a stock ROM and you have a valid AT&T SIM card, you should be able to get an OTA update. Otherwise, you can go to the thread below for instructions on doing a 2-step upgrade to the latest version (4.3) ...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2387423

First, use Odin to flash 4.1.1. If you need the 4.1.1 stock firmware (I747UCDLK3), you will find it at the bottom of the above thread. Flash this via Odin. Thereafter, download the two zip files for 4.1.2 and 4.3 respectively to your computer and save to a good quality micro SD card. Place the card in your phone. Boot your phone to recovery mode and flash the 4.1.2 zip. Allow installation (flashing) to complete, then power down and reboot to recovery again. Repeat the process for the 4.3 zip. That should do it. Good luck!
5th June 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

30 posts
Thanks!!
5th June 2014, 10:52 PM   |  #4  
Atlanta, GA

354 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks!!

You're most welcome! Did you say your phone was unlocked? If not, I'll advise you free unlock at ver. 4.1.1 as it can only be done at this version. Once you upgrade, the free unlock option will no longer be available.
5th June 2014, 11:23 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

30 posts
That is why I am on 4.1.1, see I downgraded to unlock. Also I am having trouble with the 4.1.2 zip you linked me. I was thinking I would just use Odin like I did to downgrade, but the files in the zip are different in the 4.1.2. How do I use it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
6th June 2014, 08:47 PM   |  #6  
Atlanta, GA

354 posts
More
Quote:

That is why I am on 4.1.1, see I downgraded to unlock. Also I am having trouble with the 4.1.2 zip you linked me. I was thinking I would just use Odin like I did to downgrade, but the files in the zip are different in the 4.1.2. How do I use it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Please see my reply to your other post. The 2 zip files are to be flashed via recovery. Boot into recovery mode by simultaneously holding down your Power, Volume Up and Menu buttons until you see a blue message flash across the screen. Then release the Power button but continue to hold the Volume Up and Menu buttons until you see the Android image appear on your screen. Use the Volume Up/Down buttons to scroll through the functions and the Power button to select. Scroll to install zip from external card and navigate to the SD card where you saved the zip files to install.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread