Xbmc can't download subtitle

4th June 2014, 03:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

35 posts
Hi everyone. I just noticed that my xbmc fire tv can't download subtitles in the movie folder over SMB. Seems like a write permission issue but it works with other machines running windows. Maybe its an android issue?

I can delete a file just fine with xbmc. It's just the subtitle addon that i have a problem. I did a search about this issue and couldn't find a solution. Maybe using NFS to share my files but that seems too complicated on windows. Or use a local folder inside the fire tv to save my subtitles but thats not ideal since the subtitle wouldnt be available to my other machines.

Anyone have this same problem?

Enviado de meu GT-N7100 usando Tapatalk
6th June 2014, 03:07 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 34

179 posts
Have you tried different subtitle sources? I've had trouble in the past downloading subtitle, but apparently it's just right at the moment when the server I'm downloading from was down. I added a different source and that one worked.
6th June 2014, 03:58 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 4

35 posts
The problem is not with service. But xbmc for some reason cant save the subtitle file on the movie folder over smb. Even though i set the permisions for this.

Anyway i gave up trying to fix it and just learned how to create a NFS share in windows using haneWin NFS. Now everything is working fine.

Thanks

Enviado de meu GT-N7100 usando Tapatalk
6th June 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 34

179 posts
Ah okay. I guess I saw the thread title and then just tuned out your actual message I myself have been using smb without a problem so it's good that you've found a solution!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread