Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 40,777 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Write to external SD.

Tip us?

Hans.physics
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cHoLoCoY View Post
i'm having the same problem but my phone is not rooted, i usually us ES File Explorer to do my file browsing and management but for some reason i can't delete, create or rename files or folders on the external SD card.

i did a clean format with my SDXC card in the phone when i first started the device and that's usually exFat. and thats when i started to notice the problem,... i couldn't delete or create files or folders from the ES File Explorer app,.... so i did a clean install again with the ES File Explorer and the problem is still there,.... also when taking picture and deleting the unwanted pictures that i took.... i would still see the pictures i deleted in the picture gallery / album....

im still confused on whats going on,.... last night i reformatted my SDXC card to FAT32,... but the problem is still there,...

i tried using the File Commander app that came pre-installed with the device...... for some reason i can rename, delete and even create files and folders.... this is the only app that let's me do all those things when it comes to the external SD card.

other apps such as QuickPic won't allow me to delete, rename or whatever i have to do my pictures on the external SD card
Yeah. That's expected behavior on a non-rooted KK phone. My problem is that I'm rooted and I can't get anything to write to external. Total Commander, Root Explorer, ES File Explorer, Camera apps, etc. Nothing will write to External SD no matter how many times I make the required mods to the platform.xml file. It is driving me nuts.

Xajel
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans.physics View Post
Yeah. That's expected behavior on a non-rooted KK phone. My problem is that I'm rooted and I can't get anything to write to external. Total Commander, Root Explorer, ES File Explorer, Camera apps, etc. Nothing will write to External SD no matter how many times I make the required mods to the platform.xml file. It is driving me nuts.
I had the same issue before when I upgraded my S4 to KK, but installing FolderMount solved it, when I started the app it showed me a message that my phone has some settings that will not make the app work and it asked me if I want to correct it.. I said yes, restart and viola every thing is okay...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...evasque.fmount

I don't know if it will work on Z2 ( I still didn't have it yet ) but you might try it...

xsacha
Old
Thanks Meter 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by cHoLoCoY View Post
oh wow,..... so what about the pictures i took from the camera? i can never delete picture's??? (data storage: SD card)

i guess i have to get use to using the built-in apps to do some of the stuff i need to do,...
Yeah you need to use the built-in file manager, File Commander, to delete your photos on microsd for non-rooted.
Nokia 2600 (2004) -> Samsung i780 (2007) -> Nokia 5800 (2008) -> Nokia N8 (2010) -> Nokia C7 (2011) -> Nokia E7 (2011) -> Nokia X7 (2011) -> Nokia E6 (2011) -> Nokia N9 + Asus TF101 (2011) -> Nokia Lumia 800 + Asus TF201 (2012) -> Nokia 808 + Blackberry Playbook (2012) -> Blackberry Q10 (2013) -> Sony Xperia Z2 Phone + Tablet (2014)
Dev blog: http://www.qtness.com/blog/

Hans.physics
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Looks like it was a bad card after all. I swapped it out and now everything works as it is supposed to. I have other issue, but I'll open a new thread for those

Thanks for the help folks!