Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 36,476 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Poor sound in PX Z2 for everybody (with/without equalizer)

Tip us?

Shangalisto
Old
(Last edited by Shangalisto; 1st June 2014 at 08:13 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Poor sound in PX Z2 for everybody (with/without equalizer)

Hi guys, there is a important problem in the PureXperia Z2 for me (and others probably...), the sound is very poor, mainly bass, it...missing and bad (saturation, distorsion for example if i use viper4android and not present at all without..). So i try the sound patch for Q800, result : it's better, not perfect BUT listenable except that the sound in speaker is lost.

The first question is -> what is the audio lib used for the speaker and only it

the second -> cmahendra and co' are beautiful devs but also deaf... and they do not want help me because for them, the sound is perfect :|
Can you help me to fix this issue ? it's a important feature for me and in this rom it's not good like other xperia roms :/

And i previously try to replace libs from jellyxperia and the sound remains poor, maybe a problem in framework ?

Big thanks for your help !!

shivrajsingh
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shangalisto View Post
Hi guys, there is a important problem in the PureXperia Z2 for me (and others probably...), the sound is very poor, mainly bass, it...missing and bad (saturation, distorsion for example if i use viper4android and not present at all without..). So i try the sound patch for Q800, result : it's better, not perfect BUT listenable except that the sound in speaker is lost.

The first question is -> what is the audio lib used for the speaker and only it

the second -> cmahendra and co' are beautiful devs but also deaf... and they do not want help me because for them, the sound is perfect :|
Can you help me to fix this issue ? it's a important feature for me and in this rom it's not good like other xperia roms :/

And i previously try to replace libs from jellyxperia and the sound remains poor, maybe a problem in framework ?

Big thanks for your help !!

May be they changed sound libs for louder sound. But bass also seems low. Other features are good.

Shangalisto
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivrajsingh View Post
May be they changed sound libs for louder sound. But bass also seems low. Other features are good.
I tried without effect o_o

Jellyxperia = perfect

Jellyxperia's libs on PX Z2 = poor

shivrajsingh
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
How did u changedJellyxperia's sound libs on PXZ2? I tried changing all sound libs from PXZ2 to MIUI. But no change in sound was noticable. MIUI's speaker volume is very low and PXZ2 's speaker volume is most loud of all roms. Only bass is low in earphones.

Shangalisto
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
They are not only low on PXZ2, but missing and with jellyxperia's lib, it's very low and poor in headset. So the problem is probably the rom. The patch for Xolo 800 is a good fix (with viper4android off course..) but without sound in speaker :[

Shangalisto
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
I made a patch from Q800 with the sound in speaker for our device.

I added some jellyxperia's libs in original patch for Xolo Q800 and the sound is good with speaker working so.