Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,426 Members 53,395 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How clean Cache/Files in Memory

Tip us?

Zerodrone
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How clean Cache/Files in Memory

Hello,

First excuse my English friends, this is not my native language, I support with a translator XD.

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 Hercules (T-Mobile) and its used. In the Last week I pull some photos and mistakenly delete them, but with my "Recurva" program i could see all the photos (mine and others owners)

On the one hand I'm happy for having recovered, but if one day I want to permanently delete photos, I have the fear that the other person recovers.

How I can delete all photos, videos and files in the cache memory? And sure, this action dont give me problems...

Captain Sweatpants
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodrone View Post
Hello,

First excuse my English friends, this is not my native language, I support with a translator XD.

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 Hercules (T-Mobile) and its used. In the Last week I pull some photos and mistakenly delete them, but with my "Recurva" program i could see all the photos (mine and others owners)

On the one hand I'm happy for having recovered, but if one day I want to permanently delete photos, I have the fear that the other person recovers.

How I can delete all photos, videos and files in the cache memory? And sure, this action dont give me problems...
You need a file shredder app for your device. When you delete something it is still there just disregarded by the system a file shredder overwrites it with random data. Nothing to do with the cache partition.

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app
Programming is a race between engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning

l8r
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Sweatpants View Post
You need a file shredder app for your device. When you delete something it is still there just disregarded by the system a file shredder overwrites it with random data. Nothing to do with the cache partition.

Sent from my C5303 using xda app-developers app
I wonder if a digital forensics investigator could recover a shredded file (only curious, if anyone knows.)