Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,462 Members 43,428 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP] Completely lost and frustrated

Tip us?

Berlovich4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [HELP] Completely lost and frustrated

Im completely confused by this GT-I9070...
it seems ive tried everything and nothing works...

I wanted to upgrade my friend's GB to MIUI, downloaded the ROM, installed CWM, flashed the ROM
and the phone got stuck in bootloop.
after that i tried a couple of different ways to flash at least the stock GB firmware back,
but it got stuck in setup (Setup.apk and gapps crashing constantly)

then tried a couple of things with odin, and got completely confused and frustrated.

can anyone please help me out here (im kinda noob here in flashing with odin and stuff)
and explain how can i flash a ICS or whatever ROM that will finally work?

a ste by step walktrough would be nice

currently i somehow got back to stock recovery, tried to flash TWRP using odin, and got stuck in bootloop again.

coffeecore
Old
Thanks Meter 158
You need to flash official jelly bean firmware first, look on sammobile or samsung-updates. After that you can flash any ROM you want trough CWM recovery :thumbup:

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

Or if you want a little help, check this out! http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2198341

sent with my S Advance
The Following User Says Thank You to coffeecore For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Berlovich4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
ok, can i flash it using the ordinary recovery? (stock one)
or do i have to do it via odin?

TPD-21
Old
(Last edited by TPD-21; 6th June 2014 at 01:20 PM.)
Thanks Meter 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlovich4 View Post
ok, can i flash it using the ordinary recovery? (stock one)
or do i have to do it via odin?
To flash the stock ROM JB (4.1.2) you need to flash with Odin. Then flash the cocore kernel so that you can get CWM. CWM will later be useful to replace the default recovery easier for you to install a Custom ROM, which you want.

Note: Flash COcore Kernel using Universal Kernel By Frapeti. Download via Playstore.
Requirements: Your device must root first.

Additional info related to how to install the Cocore Kernel, using Universal Kernel by Frapeti. Please see the thread here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TPD-21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

coffeecore
Old
Thanks Meter 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPD-21 View Post
To flash the stock ROM JB (4.1.2) you need to flash with Odin. Then flash the cocore kernel so that you can get CWM. CWM will later be useful to replace the default recovery easier for you to install a Custom ROM, which you want.

Note: Flash COcore Kernel using Universal Kernel By Frapeti. Download via Playstore.
Requirements: Your device must root first.

Additional info related to how to install the Cocore Kernel, using Universal Kernel by Frapeti. Please see the thread here.
Why flash root.zip and after that flash cocore kernel? Why not directly flash update.zip (CWM by shaan) after you have flashed stock, than you can install any ROM you want, no need to flash, reboot, flash, reboot.

TPD-21
Old
Thanks Meter 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeecore View Post
Why flash root.zip and after that flash cocore kernel? Why not directly flash update.zip (CWM by shaan) after you have flashed stock, than you can install any ROM you want, no need to flash, reboot, flash, reboot.
Because it is a choice or to me personally as an alternative method that I use. Or may include other users while still using the stock ROM. So there is no harm in using any method, as long as our desired goals are achieved. In this case get a Custom ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TPD-21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Berlovich4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default I just dont get it..

I've downloaded a stock 4.1.2 firmware, flashed it using odin, everything went ok, got the green pass from odin.
As i have turned the device on, the error on the setup wizard still exist.
It seems like all of the setup wizards on all the stock firmwares i've tried are failing.
Also the device shows gapps crash error.

Any method to root the device while being unable to go to Playstore as suggested above?
or,
any method of knowing if the device is rooted or not?
my friend played a bit with the phone and maybe have rooted it somehow..

anyway, now im kinda with the stock 4.1.2 firmware, the nest step is to root, then flash the cocore kernel, am i right?

shut_down
Old
Thanks Meter 3,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlovich4 View Post
I've downloaded a stock 4.1.2 firmware, flashed it using odin, everything went ok, got the green pass from odin.
As i have turned the device on, the error on the setup wizard still exist.
It seems like all of the setup wizards on all the stock firmwares i've tried are failing.
Also the device shows gapps crash error.

Any method to root the device while being unable to go to Playstore as suggested above?
or,
any method of knowing if the device is rooted or not?
my friend played a bit with the phone and maybe have rooted it somehow..

anyway, now im kinda with the stock 4.1.2 firmware, the nest step is to root, then flash the cocore kernel, am i right?
Do factory reset. Yes, now root and install CoCore.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to shut_down For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Berlovich4
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Angry I DID IT!

Fianlly, after long hours of frustration its finally done.
Flashed root.zip I found some where, flashed temporary CWM, afterwards flashed HarshJelly,
works fine at last.

Thx for the help guys!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Berlovich4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]