Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,943 Members 53,012 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Having trouble rooting

Tip us?

odshock
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Having trouble rooting

I don't know what to do I have tried the all in one kit, but it tells me the device is not found when trying to get the token id.

Tried booting into the boot loader/fast boot and got the id that way, but when I enter it on the htc dev site I get a error code 160.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

AGKdrOId
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by odshock View Post
I don't know what to do I have tried the all in one kit, but it tells me the device is not found when trying to get the token id.

Tried booting into the boot loader/fast boot and got the id that way, but when I enter it on the htc dev site I get a error code 160.

Any suggestions?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app
have you tried weaksauce method here? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2699089

I had my m8 rooted and s-off before I got my first email using this method, and you don't have to use HTCdev to unlock.

There's also about 15-20 youtube walkthroughs on the allinone tool, didn't watch any, but they might be helpful.
The Following User Says Thank You to AGKdrOId For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

odshock
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGKdrOId View Post
have you tried weaksauce method here? http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2699089

I had my m8 rooted and s-off before I got my first email using this method, and you don't have to use HTCdev to unlock.

There's also about 15-20 youtube walkthroughs on the allinone tool, didn't watch any, but they might be helpful.
Just did the weaksauce/ firwater method now my phone is unlocked/ s-off! Thank you for the suggestion bud!

AGKdrOId
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by odshock View Post
Just did the weaksauce/ firwater method now my phone is unlocked/ s-off! Thank you for the suggestion bud!
Congrats! Glad to help.