Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,519 Members 42,390 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

JMT update broke my gps

Tip us?

deepclover
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default JMT update broke my gps

I'm fairly noob, using one of the JMT roms. A couple weeks ago a JMT update downloaded from the Play Store. Ever since my GPS cannot be turned on. When I try I get "System UI has crashed". This happens when using the menu bar button, or going directly into settings. I've tried reselecting North America under the GPS fix option, but it has not helped.

Any ideas?

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3200
A JMT update from play store? I doubt that. You're mistaken something else for it. Roms don't get updates from the play store.
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

deepclover
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
A JMT update from play store? I doubt that. You're mistaken something else for it. Roms don't get updates from the play store.
Maybe not the whole ROM itself, could have been a kernel update. Or maybe a tools update. I don't know how to find a log that could tell me.

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3200
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclover View Post
Maybe not the whole ROM itself, could have been a kernel update. Or maybe a tools update. I don't know how to find a log that could tell me.
Nothing Jedi mind trick related would update from the play store. And the ROM itself hasn't been updated in months. Or kernel.

Not trying to give you the gears....just need to know what actually happened in order to offer any help.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

I'd suggest flashing a more up to date ROM anyway. Check out @Rushing 's ROMs. If you like touch wiz. 👍
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N5, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips