Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,370 Members 37,050 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Charge Zerolemon in under 9 hrs.

Tip us?

AKA_Rizzo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default Charge Zerolemon in under 9 hrs.

I searched for a solution and bought these two items..

Anker® 40W 5V / 8A 5-Port
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mediabridge USB 2.0 - Micro-USB to USB Coiled Charging Cable
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Now here's the kicker... It's currently unavailable...but two days ago when I wanted to make this thread is was not even listed on Amazon, so possible restocking ? I don't know.

I killed my battery to the point of total shut down by about midnight Saturday night. When I got up about 930 am I was fully charged. Now I know we've seen longer run times leaving the charger on after 100% pops up, so to speak to that I am on 94hrs run time and have forgotten how to check Screen On Time...
LG Optimus G Pro
The Following User Says Thank You to AKA_Rizzo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AKA_Rizzo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
I am now at that dreadfully annoying -10% level. So I can use the phone all day on 100% brightness but it will chime in all day to warn me of the coming Powerpocalypse to come
LG Optimus G Pro

Charles7
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_Rizzo View Post
I am now at that dreadfully annoying -10% level. So I can use the phone all day on 100% brightness but it will chime in all day to warn me of the coming Powerpocalypse to come

If you rooted your device you can put an xposed module on that will eliminate all low battery warnings.

On your setup, I don't really see the difference between it and using the OGP's standard high-power charger. The cable isn't going to do anything, as far as I can see. And the charging port is 8A/5 ports — from what I've read it adapts to the device to allow it to pull what it needs within that allotment, thus I don't see the OGP pulling more than 1.8A. So, my question to you is, you've tested the standard 1.8A charger against your setup and you get X hours reduction on charge time?

FYI, I don't have the ZeroLemon pack. Thinking about it but might upgrade my device to the GP2.
LG OGP E980

AKA_Rizzo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
I have, it took a day and a half.
LG Optimus G Pro
The Following User Says Thank You to AKA_Rizzo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Charles7
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKA_Rizzo View Post
I have, it took a day and a half.
36 hours to charge?

Most using this pack state around 12 hours. Seems something is wrong if it's taking 36 hours to charge with the standard charger that comes with the OGP — normal battery charges in less than 3 hours. I've seen where some zerolemon packs hit 100% but are actually only half charged, thus causing increased charge times. . . . strange stuff.
LG OGP E980

chimmot307
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Default Using Yoobao 2 Amps wall charger

My zerolemon (9000 mAh) only took 10 hrs to charge. And standard battery (3140 mAh) took 2 hrs using Yoobao 2 Amps wall charger.

I was hoping someone could tell me where to find 4A or 5A wall charger near Jakarta.

rjmxtech
Old
Thanks Meter 49
My zrrolemon zero lemon takes about 12 hours to charge AMD my standard battery takes about 2-3 hours using the stock charger

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

limitbreak09
Old
Thanks Meter 38
I have 2 zerolemons, so I just keep swapping them.. one in one out lol

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app