Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] samsung ativ tab 32gb 10.1 gt-p8510

OP Marcst

25th May 2014, 04:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Hello,

My Question is if I could uninstall windows RT 8.1 and install windows 8.1 or windows 7, in my samsung ativ tab 32gb 10.1 gt-p8510.

TY
25th May 2014, 05:13 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 325
 
1,620 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
No. Windows RT is for ARM processors. Windows 8 is for x86. There is zero compatibility between the 2 and you can't just swap 8 for RT and vice versa
25th May 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSixSevenSeven

No. Windows RT is for ARM processors. Windows 8 is for x86. There is zero compatibility between the 2 and you can't just swap 8 for RT and vice versa

Thanks
6th June 2014, 10:26 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcst

Hello,

My Question is if I could uninstall windows RT 8.1 and install windows 8.1 or windows 7, in my samsung ativ tab 32gb 10.1 gt-p8510.

TY

http://www.samsung.com/us/windows-8-pcs/update.html :

"Samsung Windows 8 System Lookup
Check to see if your system can be updated to Windows 8.1
Select a category:
Model Name Model Code
ATIV Tab GT-P8510"

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSixSevenSeven

No. Windows RT is for ARM processors. Windows 8 is for x86. There is zero compatibility between the 2 and you can't just swap 8 for RT and vice versa

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...stRequested=14


Windows 8.1 Compatible!!!

??
7th June 2014, 12:33 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 325
 
1,620 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvvI

http://www.samsung.com/us/windows-8-pcs/update.html :

"Samsung Windows 8 System Lookup
Check to see if your system can be updated to Windows 8.1
Select a category:
Model Name Model Code
ATIV Tab GT-P8510"

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------



http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...stRequested=14


Windows 8.1 Compatible!!!

??

8.1 update for RT, not windows 8.1. x86 vs ARM is a matter of hardware not software....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes