[SOLUTION] Titanium Backup not enough space 4.4.2 TW

Search This thread

cybdani

Feb 5, 2012
Barcelona
Hi all!

I've updated from 4.3 to 4.4.2 Samsung Rom (tw). My case NB8.
Titanium Backup has stopped working. Shows the error "not enough space" when backing up to external sd card. Also, it shows that extsdcard is not writeable.

Here's the solution for i9505 to get it working, of course you need root to do that. It may work for other apps too and other phone models such i9500:

Edit file platform.xml in system/etc/permissions (make a backup first).

Search for this:

Code:
<permission name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE" >
        <group gid="sdcard_r" />
        <group gid="sdcard_rw" />
    </permission>

Add this:

Code:
        <group gid="sdcard_r" />
        [COLOR="Green"][B]<group gid="media_rw" />[/B][/COLOR]
    </permission>

Save changes and reboot.

Regards.

nrps1

Oct 10, 2013
Hi all!

Titanium Backup has stopped working. Shows the error "not enough space" when backing up to external sd card. Also, it shows that extsdcard is not writeable.

Here's the solution for i9505 to get it working, of course you need root to do that. It may work for other apps too and other phone models such i9500:

Search for this:

Code:
        <group gid="sdcard_r" />
    </permission>

Add this:

Code:
        <group gid="sdcard_r" />
    </permission>

Save changes and reboot.

Regards.

Lifesaver, cheers! Now if only there was a way for TB to restore all your apps without you having to click Install and Done on each one, this will take all day!

benni_1994

Jul 8, 2012
Friedrichshafen
If you are using the batch restore(?)(restore all backups + data) then it will not ask for every single app. TB just installs everything in the background

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk

Reactions: cybdani

cybdani

Feb 5, 2012
Barcelona
If you are using the batch restore(?)(restore all backups + data) then it will not ask for every single app. TB just installs everything in the background

Yes, you are right benni2903.

I hope that this thread can help to users that are upgrading to TW 4.4.2. I've spent over half an hour to find out where the problem was.

Regards

nrps1

Oct 10, 2013

Strange, that is exactly what I chose and it was indeed asking for each one it needed to download (I assume). Oh well, I just flashed firmware and signed in on 1st boot and Google handled the rest instead!

cybdani

Feb 5, 2012
Barcelona
Strange, that is exactly what I chose and it was indeed asking for each one it needed to download (I assume). Oh well, I just flashed firmware and signed in on 1st boot and Google handled the rest instead!

I don't configure my google account after a firm upgrade (if I deleted all data) until I've restored all apps using titanium. I install the free version from my external sd.

hertzschi

May 23, 2012
Hi all!

Search for this:

Code:
        <group gid="sdcard_r" />
    </permission>

Add this:

Code:
        <group gid="sdcard_r" />
    </permission>

Save changes and reboot.

Regards.

Many many thanks for sharing this!
It really did the trick!
I was about to rip my hair off, didn't know whether to ask the kernel developer or the titanium support first.

Also TB doesn't need internet connection ob startup for license check. Now I can also use TB again offline with full functionality :)

You saved my day

P.S. I'll hit the thanks buttons tomorrow,i spend all my thanks today for @ktoonsez awesome kernel

Last edited:

snowin

May 7, 2013
Hi all!

Search for this:

Code:
        <group gid="sdcard_r" />
    </permission>

Add this:

Code:
        <group gid="sdcard_r" />
    </permission>

Save changes and reboot.

Regards.

Hi there - tried doing this fix using ES File Explorer - initially it wouldn't save so I coped the file out of original file path to internal SD to test and was able to save - tried pasting new file in and got error that the file system was read only (which was likely my original problem as suspected). How to I get around this, or change the file path location to writeable to simply save the original platform.xml?

Thanks,

~snowin

Disregard - I failed to see the little button where I could change permissions on the permissions folder :p Thanks for looking

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

OK - so after re-booting my internal SD card seems to be "lost". A bunch of apps FC including titanium. I can access my external SD card using ES @ /storage/extsdcard but the /sdcard/ & storage/emulated are all blanks. Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm running ezkat 2.0 ROM for Note ii

Last edited:

cybdani

Feb 5, 2012
Barcelona
Hi there - tried doing this fix using ES File Explorer - initially it wouldn't save so I coped the file out of original file path to internal SD to test and was able to save - tried pasting new file in and got error that the file system was read only (which was likely my original problem as suspected). How to I get around this, or change the file path location to writeable to simply save the original platform.xml?

Thanks,

~snowin

Disregard - I failed to see the little button where I could change permissions on the permissions folder :p Thanks for looking

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

OK - so after re-booting my internal SD card seems to be "lost". A bunch of apps FC including titanium. I can access my external SD card using ES @ /storage/extsdcard but the /sdcard/ & storage/emulated are all blanks. Can someone point me in the right direction? I'm running ezkat 2.0 ROM for Note ii

Before to edit file, you need to mount system as RW. Then you can edit and save file. Root Explorer is better than es file explorer.

Reactions: snowin

bendoc91

Apr 28, 2011
Hi all!

Search for this:

Code:
        <group gid="sdcard_r" />
    </permission>

Add this:

Code:
        <group gid="sdcard_r" />
    </permission>

Save changes and reboot.

Regards.

Hey thanks so much for the solution! Fixed my Umi Zero right up (now I can start tweaking :) , but I'm curious, how does this fix work? Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all!

Search for this:

Code:
            <group gid="sdcard_r" />
        </permission>

Add this:

Code:
            <group gid="sdcard_r" />
        </permission>

Save changes and reboot.

Regards.

Thanks,

~snowin

Before to edit file, you need to mount system as RW. Then you can edit and save file. Root Explorer is better than es file explorer.