Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,990 Members 37,769 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Last I heard, we were waiting on some *mythical* certification from Google...

Tip us?

P901
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwaldo View Post
Ouya everywhere integration
Do you know how they are doing this? I don't understand this subject very well... Ouya is kind of a locked version of Android, like you might get on a Samsung phone, so if they port it to M.O.J.O. doesn't that turn it into a Ouya? The Ouya games are optimized for Ouya (Tegra 3 and controller), what else is different? Maybe Ouya has to build a launcher that can be installed on the M.O.J.O. but what does Mad Catz have to do, besides test it?

gwaldo
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by P901 View Post
Do you know how they are doing this? I don't understand this subject very well... Ouya is kind of a locked version of Android, like you might get on a Samsung phone, so if they port it to M.O.J.O. doesn't that turn it into a Ouya? The Ouya games are optimized for Ouya (Tegra 3 and controller), what else is different? Maybe Ouya has to build a launcher that can be installed on the M.O.J.O. but what does Mad Catz have to do, besides test it?
Ouya is just a custom android theme/launcher.. people had it installed on their tablets before it come out (retail).
I think android lets you decide which theme you want.
I'm not 100% sure tho.

I would imagine, ouya would turn it more into an app, like nvidia zone or google play store.. as it would be easier to manage on new android versions, again not sure.

The games are optimized for T3, true but T4 is very backwards compatible, no problem there.
The only issue I see, is the controller difference mojo has more buttons (start/select media keys), the buttons work but the mapping is wrong and no mouse pad....

"but what does Mad Catz have to do, besides test it?"

Yes, test it with the newer version of Android (4.4.2 or kitkat), and maybe also involved with porting.. ie library conflicts (ie controller support).
Ouya everywhere has three different interface's Java/unity3D/MonoGame, so they all have to work correctly.

No talk about them migrating to newer android versions, so it could be just a madcatz thing.
https://devs.ouya.tv/odk-changelog.txt
https://github.com/ouya

gwaldo
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by P901 View Post
A more likely scenario is that they haven't sold enough M.O.J.O.s to make the upgrade a priority or even worthwhile.
Check out MC latest blog:
http://madcatz.com/whats-great-bluetooth-smart/

Kitkat is coming!!!
Well.. pending.. but it's mentioned so it's coming!!

christoph80
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwaldo View Post
Check out MC latest blog:
http://madcatz.com/whats-great-bluetooth-smart/

Kitkat is coming!!!
Well.. pending.. but it's mentioned so it's coming!!
I believe it is too. Should be some great updates when this comes. Looking forward to it, in the meantime I've been using FPSE for playstation emulation and it runs great. Really my only beefs with the MOJO have been with some media playback issues and little news regarding expectation of firmware updates. Hopefully the 4k update will fix some of this.

gwaldo
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by christoph80 View Post
I've been using FPSE for playstation emulation and it runs great.
I like FPSE and bought it, but the analog L/R 2 tiggers assign but dont work ingame for me, I've told the dev via his forum for a fix tho..