ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Last I heard, we were waiting on some *mythical* certification from Google...

OP Domomojo

4th June 2014, 06:40 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 2

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwaldo

Ouya everywhere integration

Do you know how they are doing this? I don't understand this subject very well... Ouya is kind of a locked version of Android, like you might get on a Samsung phone, so if they port it to M.O.J.O. doesn't that turn it into a Ouya? The Ouya games are optimized for Ouya (Tegra 3 and controller), what else is different? Maybe Ouya has to build a launcher that can be installed on the M.O.J.O. but what does Mad Catz have to do, besides test it?
4th June 2014, 09:33 AM   |  #12  
Flag Melb.
Thanks Meter: 24

300 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P901

Do you know how they are doing this? I don't understand this subject very well... Ouya is kind of a locked version of Android, like you might get on a Samsung phone, so if they port it to M.O.J.O. doesn't that turn it into a Ouya? The Ouya games are optimized for Ouya (Tegra 3 and controller), what else is different? Maybe Ouya has to build a launcher that can be installed on the M.O.J.O. but what does Mad Catz have to do, besides test it?

Ouya is just a custom android theme/launcher.. people had it installed on their tablets before it come out (retail).
I think android lets you decide which theme you want.
I'm not 100% sure tho.

I would imagine, ouya would turn it more into an app, like nvidia zone or google play store.. as it would be easier to manage on new android versions, again not sure.

The games are optimized for T3, true but T4 is very backwards compatible, no problem there.
The only issue I see, is the controller difference mojo has more buttons (start/select media keys), the buttons work but the mapping is wrong and no mouse pad....

"but what does Mad Catz have to do, besides test it?"

Yes, test it with the newer version of Android (4.4.2 or kitkat), and maybe also involved with porting.. ie library conflicts (ie controller support).
Ouya everywhere has three different interface's Java/unity3D/MonoGame, so they all have to work correctly.

No talk about them migrating to newer android versions, so it could be just a madcatz thing.
https://devs.ouya.tv/odk-changelog.txt
https://github.com/ouya
6th June 2014, 09:34 AM   |  #13  
Flag Melb.

300 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by P901

A more likely scenario is that they haven't sold enough M.O.J.O.s to make the upgrade a priority or even worthwhile.

Check out MC latest blog:
http://madcatz.com/whats-great-bluetooth-smart/

Kitkat is coming!!!
Well.. pending.. but it's mentioned so it's coming!!
6th June 2014, 05:41 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 8

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwaldo

Check out MC latest blog:
http://madcatz.com/whats-great-bluetooth-smart/

Kitkat is coming!!!
Well.. pending.. but it's mentioned so it's coming!!

I believe it is too. Should be some great updates when this comes. Looking forward to it, in the meantime I've been using FPSE for playstation emulation and it runs great. Really my only beefs with the MOJO have been with some media playback issues and little news regarding expectation of firmware updates. Hopefully the 4k update will fix some of this.
7th June 2014, 01:48 AM   |  #15  
Flag Melb.

300 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by christoph80

I've been using FPSE for playstation emulation and it runs great.

I like FPSE and bought it, but the analog L/R 2 tiggers assign but dont work ingame for me, I've told the dev via his forum for a fix tho..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread