Please see below instructions for flashing via Heimdall.
1) Download and extract the attached Heimdall suite on your system.
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/wp...dall_Suite.zip -> I could not attach it to this post as it is more than 8 Mb (9Mb) so I uploaded on my mediafire account.
Now setting up drivers for Heimdall is always tricky but I will list the method on how I got it working on Windows 7.
Please note the only way Heimdall worked for me was by replacing the winusb drivers with libusb drivers. Once you replace the drivers phone will not be detected by ODIN until you revert back these changes and it's easy. To revert, simply uninstall gadget serial under USB Serial Bus Controllers under Device Manager and then when you click for hardware changes system will automatically detect and install windows drivers,
2) Boot your phone in download mode and then connect it to your system via USB.
3) Open directory drivers under heimdall suite you just extracted and then execute zdiag.exe (right click and run as admin).
4) Under Zdiag click options and then list all devices.
5) Now you should see your phone listed.
6) Click dropdown menu (very right side on drivers) and select libusbk.
7) Click on Replace Drivers
At this stage Heimdall must be ready.
8) Now extract the T889UVBMD1 tar.md5 file under the directory where you see heimdall.exe.
7) Copy the pit file in the same directory.
8) Now flash all ROM components including the zip file by using this command. Make sure all files in the command are indeed in that directory.
heimdall.exe flash --repartition --pit sgh-t889.pit --CACHE cache.img --BOOT boot.img --SYSTEM system.img --RECOVERY recovery.img --RADIO modem.bin --HIDDEN hidden.img --BOOTLOADER sboot.bin --TZSW tz.img --verbose
If you see any driver or libusb errors then go to step 6) and choose libusb0 and then click replace drivers and then execute command listed in step 8.
If the interal memory is fine then this should get it fixed.
Please note, I have never tried these commands but I would have followed exactly in this order if I had to.
If this still does not work then still there the last resort is somthing I read on XDA that the ROM can be installed on an external memory card.
Hit me up on hangouts (check PM)if you want me to walk you through Heimdall.
Do not hesitate to ask if there are any questions.
Everyone here has been phenomenal, and I really wish I had the experience and patience a lot of you have. However, my wife's phone is still fried and I have put more hours into this than I can really spare right now, so JTAG for me.
I want to particularly thank Ciphercodes for his countless followups, many brilliant ideas, and his patient demeanor in working this old man, but am still sort of a noob. He truly understands community and support for each other.
Also, I would thank Coug76 for the link of the JTAG repair place I am using. I live in west Texas, and that place is here in Texas in the southeast part of the state.
Nothing additional to say, except thanks. I wish it had been easier for us all.