[Q] Verizon M7 with Android 4.4.2 and HTC Sense 6, WeakSauce "Root Failure"... Help?

Search This thread

the_cute_kitten

Jun 7, 2014
[Q] Verizon M7 with Android 4.4.2 and HTC Sense 6, WeakSauce "Root Failure"... Help?

So I'm trying to root my phone, been at it for days... Verizon disables using HTCDev in the process to root, so that option is out, other options seem out as well, the most promising option seems to be WeakSauce, as it looks like a lot of people have had success with my model, carrier, and Android version.

HOWEVER, I just upgraded to HTC Sense 6 a few days ago, and it looks like it's causing "root failure" in WeakSauce despite following the troubleshooting "guide" and forum posts from the official WeakSauce thread.

Has anyone else with a Verizon HTC One M7 on Android 4.4.2 and HTC Sense 6 had similar problems and if so, has anyone else been able to figure out a solution? Thanks!

So I'm trying to root my phone, been at it for days... Verizon disables using HTCDev in the process to root, so that option is out, other options seem out as well, the most promising option seems to be WeakSauce, as it looks like a lot of people have had success with my model, carrier, and Android version.

HOWEVER, I just upgraded to HTC Sense 6 a few days ago, and it looks like it's causing "root failure" in WeakSauce despite following the troubleshooting "guide" and forum posts from the official WeakSauce thread.

Has anyone else with a Verizon HTC One M7 on Android 4.4.2 and HTC Sense 6 had similar problems and if so, has anyone else been able to figure out a solution? Thanks!

Ask this in Verizon HTC ONE thread maybe there will can help you. But you should wait till another exploit ids found.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

pandagiraffe

Jun 4, 2014

I've run into the exact same conundrum. There are plenty of others that also have this issue as well. On this site though, just about the only help you will get from most people is them telling you to post this somewhere else (SUPER helpful rite???) But as the one above me stated, unfortunately you, me, and everyone else who pressed "install update now" on a Verizon m7, are all stuck now without root until either an update is made to weaksauce or some other flavor of sauce is developed. I'm sorry :(