Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,206 Members 44,174 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Dialer /phone app problem

Tip us?

joeyv729
Old
(Last edited by joeyv729; 6th June 2014 at 12:11 PM.) Reason: typo
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Dialer /phone app problem

Sorry in advance if this was posted elsewhere. I couldn't find any threads regarding my issue.
I have a Sprint gs3 on android 4.4.2, and just within in the last day or so if I make a call then promted to press a number for an option, the touch tone won't go through.
For example if I dial Sprint and get press 1 if you are calling about (my number) and I press 1, nothing happens. I dial other numbers and nothing. Also I've tried other calls and the same thing so it's not Sprint's system.

Customer care did a master reset and I tried some 3rd party dialers also and nothing.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions..
I also wiped cache partition. Samsung support advised me to go to best buy for a software refresh..
My girlfriend has the exact same issue on her gs3 and we're on the same account.

Robalboa
Old
Thanks Meter 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyv729 View Post
Sorry in advance if this was posted elsewhere. I couldn't find any threads regarding my issue.
I have a Sprint gs3 on android 4.4.2, and just within in the last day or so if I make a call then promted to press a number for an option, the touch tone won't go through.
For example if I dial Sprint and get press 1 if you are calling about (my number) and I press 1, nothing happens. I dial other numbers and nothing. Also I've tried other calls and the same thing so it's not Sprint's system.

Customer care did a master reset and I tried some 3rd party dialers also and nothing.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions..
I also wiped cache partition. Samsung support advised me to go to best buy for a software refresh..
My girlfriend has the exact same issue on her gs3 and we're on the same account.
There's a setting that says long tones or short tone in the call settings somewhere. That's probably the problem set it to long
Short don't pick up on some menus

Nd8 deodexed Rooted and modded

joeyv729
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robalboa View Post
There's a setting that says long tones or short tone in the call settings somewhere. That's probably the problem set it to long
Short don't pick up on some menus

Nd8 deodexed Rooted and modded
thank you, i did try that also, no luck....to tell you the truth im baffled. the only significant change was kitkat....

roirraW "edor" ehT
Old
Thanks Meter 1317
Weird. Mine has definitely been working. I've had mine on Long for a while, BTW. Just for the heck of it, have you tried rebooting since changing it to Long?

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII on TouchWiz 4.4.2 with Wicked X v6.5, Ktoonsez' latest kernel and the latest Philz Touch Recovery.