Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,274 Members 45,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Verizon S5 will not connect to the internet

Tip us?

pinecone81
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Verizon S5 will not connect to the internet

My wife's brand new S5 just stopped connecting to the internet. Mobile data and wifi are on and were working with no problem the day before yesterday. But now they have seemed to stop working. She has done a soft reset and forgotten our home network. She tells me that she cannot download anything from txt messages, surf the internet or even play her game that requires access to the internet. She is already frustrated after having to change from a Iphone 4s, so this is not helping any. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinecone81 View Post
My wife's brand new S5 just stopped connecting to the internet. Mobile data and wifi are on and were working with no problem the day before yesterday. But now they have seemed to stop working. She has done a soft reset and forgotten our home network. She tells me that she cannot download anything from txt messages, surf the internet or even play her game that requires access to the internet. She is already frustrated after having to change from a Iphone 4s, so this is not helping any. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Do a factory reset. If after that the wifi and data still don't work, it might be time for a replacement. iPhones are defective too, just her luck that she gets the defective S5.
The Following User Says Thank You to aooga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pinecone81
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga View Post
Do a factory reset. If after that the wifi and data still don't work, it might be time for a replacement. iPhones are defective too, just her luck that she gets the defective S5.
Ok. Is there a all encompassing backup for these phones, like itunes was for the iphone? Something computer based and not just cloud based?

Thank you Aooga.

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 826
Quote:
Ok. Is there a all encompassing backup for these phones, like itunes was for the iphone? Something computer based and not just cloud based?

Thank you Aooga.
Try Kies. You can get it from samsung's site, but nothing compares to the iPhone backup.
The Following User Says Thank You to aooga For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pinecone81
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by aooga View Post
Try Kies. You can get it from samsung's site, but nothing compares to the iPhone backup.
I will give it a try in a few days once I get home. Thanks again.

I will update after the reset.

aooga
Old
Thanks Meter 826
Quote:
I will give it a try in a few days once I get home. Thanks again.

I will update after the reset.
No problem.