Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,426 Members 53,331 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Question: Repair or Moto G 4G LTE

Tip us?

djfourmoney
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Question: Repair or Moto G 4G LTE

About two months ago, I dropped my LG Optimus G. Best and fastest Android phone I have owned, worked great.

It cost $160 to replace the screen and don't reply to me about replacing it myself, I do not have the time or the patience for that, I have way too many unfinished projects.

In the interim, I bought a unlocked AT&T Go ZTE Radiant. While that works fine, it's quite a bit slower to respond than the Optimus is and Shopkick crashes constantly.

Problems I never had on my Samsung Infuse 4G or the LG.

So I want to banish this device to emergency status. The final straw is the poor low light (even with the flash) photos it takes.

The 4G LTE version of the Moto G is not quite available yet (Amazon is saying 4-7 weeks now) and there's no announcement of a GPE either.

I use AT&T so even the GPE of the Moto G would be 4G (like the Radiant) and should work in Latin America (where I am going later this year). LTE would be nice, but I can live with 4G.

I just hope I am not barking up the wrong tree and believe that having a quad core phone would solve many of the problems I currently deal with on the Radiant.

The LTE also has a sd card slot, so I'm pretty locked onto that version of it.

Thoughts and Suggestions?

suhridkhan
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by djfourmoney View Post
About two months ago, I dropped my LG Optimus G. Best and fastest Android phone I have owned, worked great.

It cost $160 to replace the screen and don't reply to me about replacing it myself, I do not have the time or the patience for that, I have way too many unfinished projects.

In the interim, I bought a unlocked AT&T Go ZTE Radiant. While that works fine, it's quite a bit slower to respond than the Optimus is and Shopkick crashes constantly.

Problems I never had on my Samsung Infuse 4G or the LG.

So I want to banish this device to emergency status. The final straw is the poor low light (even with the flash) photos it takes.

The 4G LTE version of the Moto G is not quite available yet (Amazon is saying 4-7 weeks now) and there's no announcement of a GPE either.

I use AT&T so even the GPE of the Moto G would be 4G (like the Radiant) and should work in Latin America (where I am going later this year). LTE would be nice, but I can live with 4G.

I just hope I am not barking up the wrong tree and believe that having a quad core phone would solve many of the problems I currently deal with on the Radiant.

The LTE also has a sd card slot, so I'm pretty locked onto that version of it.

Thoughts and Suggestions?
I suggest going for the LTE Moto G, they actually started shipping the device... Mine is on the way.
The Following User Says Thank You to suhridkhan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]