SafeStrap not booting?

7th June 2014, 02:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
Hey all,

Pardon the really easy question - I haven't been in the rooting game for a while and I decided to try out the 4.4.2 method on my i337 S4. I'm following the guide specified here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2730144 (3rd post down)

Here are the steps:
1. Place the I337UCUFNC1_100%_Stock_Rooted_ROM in the root of your ext sdcard. [DONE]
*2. Download the I337_Downgrade_to_MK2 file, extract the .tar and flash in PDA slot in Odin(AP in Odin v3.09+) to obtain semi-functioning(no-wifi) MK2. [DONE]
3. Use your favorite root method to root MK2, e.g. Saferoot, Kingo Root App, then install the latest Safestrap-JFLTE-3.72-kk-B01.apk.[DONE]
4. Boot into Safestrap recovery, perform an advanced wipe and wipe everything except ext sdcard.

"4. Boot into Safestrap recovery, perform an advanced wipe and wipe everything except ext sdcard."

That is where I'm stuck - I got the correct SafeStrap download, installed the APK, loaded the APK and tapped "Install Bootloader" but whenever I tap "Reboot to SafeStrap" it just brings me back into the system - no SafeStrap screen or anything.

Any ideas?
7th June 2014, 04:43 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 161

379 posts
Reboot manually. On boot up, you should see the safestrap recovery option

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
7th June 2014, 04:52 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmjoyas

Reboot manually. On boot up, you should see the safestrap recovery option

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

I've tried that, but it doesn't show it - even though it shows installed in the application.
7th June 2014, 05:03 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
Anyone have any ideas why? I've given SafeStrap permission in SuperSU and it says it's installed, but no splash screen or any type of confirmation on startup.

I need this ASAP, any help is appreciated.
7th June 2014, 05:09 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 161

379 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhannon9

Anyone have any ideas why? I've given SafeStrap permission in SuperSU and it says it's installed, but no splash screen or any type of confirmation on startup.

I need this ASAP, any help is appreciated.

I am not sure of what the issue is. Try unistalling recovery, reboot, re-install recovery and check. If this fails, try uninstalling recovery, safestrap app and reboot, install app and then recovery.

If all these fail, start over from stock.
7th June 2014, 05:15 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

19 posts
All solved, I reinstalled BusyBox and SafeStrap. Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread