[Q] Unable to boot normally after installing CWM

Tip us?

durga_prasanth
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiamodeln91 View Post
First get the phone booting... Install Philz XXLTA kernel TAR file using odin and check if the phone boots.
Thanks for the help and my phone is now booting normally. If I want to install CM 10 what would be the best way? Shall I install through cwm or odin?

nokiamodeln91
Old
Thanks Meter 2,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by durga_prasanth View Post
Thanks for the help and my phone is now booting normally. If I want to install CM 10 what would be the best way? Shall I install through cwm or odin?
You cannot install a custom rom using odin.. Read the basics first... Then go about flashing roms.. Cm10.1 and 10.2 can be flashed by flashing it using philz recovery that you have current installed. If you want to go for kitkat, then first install raw kernel r4 and reboot into the new Cwm recovery and flash KK roms.
The Following User Says Thank You to nokiamodeln91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

durga_prasanth
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nokiamodeln91 View Post
You cannot install a custom rom using odin.. Read the basics first... Then go about flashing roms.. Cm10.1 and 10.2 can be flashed by flashing it using philz recovery that you have current installed. If you want to go for kitkat, then first install raw kernel r4 and reboot into the new Cwm recovery and flash KK roms.
yea, sry I was confused about odin. Any way I'll be more careful this time while installing cm.