Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Need Help Installing SafeStrap Deadly Venom Rom On My T-mobile S4..

OP WilteredFire

6th June 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hey guys,

I've got a Galaxy S4 on T-mobile in the UK, with the build XXUEMKF. Its Rooted but its running stock JellyBean 4.3 Ive not taken any OTA updates as im looking to install a safestrapped Custom Rom. Just needed some help to make sure I don't soft brick the phone lol.

Im looking to install the Deadly Venom V3.0.2 KitKat SafeStrapped edition in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...64&postcount=4

Few noob questions though if anyone could help me..

1) The thread title says its for the AT&T version but Im on t-mobile UK, is this going to be a problem or would it still work without bricking the phone?

2) Its got 2 different install instructions, one for people who have the Mk2 build and another process for people with the Nb1 build. I have neither, I have the MKF build..Can I still install this rom on my S4? If so, should I follow the instructions for the Mk2 Method?

3) Im running Stock JellyBean 4.3 right now, can I still install this safestrapped rom or do I need to do an OTA update to the latest KitKat update? Kies says the latest update I can do is Nb3 apparantly?

I hope someone can give me some simple answers to this, Im quite confused. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks guys
6th June 2014, 03:25 AM   |  #2  
Crystal River
Thanks Meter: 156

596 posts
More
You can flash from 4.3. I'm on MK5 bootloader t mobile and I just clean flashed with no problems so far

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
6th June 2014, 04:17 AM   |  #3  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 872

2,571 posts
More
What is your model number? If your bootloader is unlocked i dont tnink there's a need to use safestrap

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
6th June 2014, 09:47 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22

What is your model number? If your bootloader is unlocked i dont tnink there's a need to use safestrap

The model number is GT-i9505. Only reason I want to use a safe strapped rom was to avoid tripping knox because my phones still under warranty

Should I follow the install method 1 instructions as if my device was a mk2 version straight from my stock 4.3?
6th June 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #5  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 872

2,571 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilteredFire

The model number is GT-i9505. Only reason I want to use a safe strapped rom was to avoid tripping knox because my phones still under warranty

Should I follow the install method 1 instructions as if my device was a mk2 version straight from my stock 4.3?

Ah I see.. Well not sure I don't think many of us here use that method and I'm not familiar with it.. You should try asking in a safestrap thread if there is one on the at&t forums.. Not sure if it would even work with your model, better safe than sorry!

7th June 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #6  
Crystal River
Thanks Meter: 156

596 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilteredFire

It will flash on your device (it says so in the OP) as for tripping KNOX I would do what serio suggested

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread