Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,372 Members 39,523 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help! Can't seperate Ringer and Notifications volumes

Tip us?

jcp2
Old
(Last edited by jcp2; 7th June 2014 at 06:18 AM.) Reason: added more info
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Help! Can't seperate Ringer and Notifications volumes

Under settings / sound / volumes. I have "use ringer volume for notifications" un-checked, but whenever I make a change to either one, they both change. It's really annoying as I don't want to be woken up at night just because someone texted or emailed me. Any help is greatly appreciated. Just to add... I can move the sliders independently, but as soon as I tap "done" and use the volume button to change volumes or go back into settings the ringer and notification sliders are matched up again. I'm on stock ,s-off, unlocked.

ashyx
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Why don't you just use the 'do not disturb' switch or set the profile to 'silent'?

jcp2
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx View Post
Why don't you just use the 'do not disturb' switch or set the profile to 'silent'?
because I still need the phone to ring during the night. Also during the day I keep the ringer volume at full, but having notifications at full vol gets annoying pretty quick. I just want to know if HTC has tied them together even tho that particular box is uncheked.

ashyx
Old
Thanks Meter 37
No, it works ok here.

BerndM14
Old
Thanks Meter 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp2 View Post
because I still need the phone to ring during the night. Also during the day I keep the ringer volume at full, but having notifications at full vol gets annoying pretty quick. I just want to know if HTC has tied them together even tho that particular box is uncheked.
I don't know why it doesn't seperate the two, it works fine on my phone, but the Do not disturb isn't such a bad idea.

If you need it to ring during the night(For whatever reason, emergency?) why not add the numbers allowed to call you during the DnD period to the exception list, that way it'll ring through even if you have DnD on?