Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,688 Members 41,443 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

INKredible: The best note taking app

Tip us?
 
Vasishtha
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 18
Join Date: Dec 2013
Talking INKredible: The best note taking app

Ever since I've switched to Android I've always wondered if there was an app that could offer the same writing experience the iPad apps had. Papyrus was one of them, however with this screen resolution I don't really enjoy it anymore.
And then I spotted this gem.
INKredible has by far the best note taking experience this tablet can offer.
The devs have just begun porting their ios app (notes plus) to Android, therefore there're not a lot of features baked into the app yet. So be sure to show your support too the devs as it may help in speeding up this process

Link: look it up in the store as I can't yet paste links...

I'd like to know your note taking experience with this app and how it compares to other note taking apps.
If you know an equally good one be sure to tell us aswell.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vasishtha For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
sam2c
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 66
Posts: 186
Join Date: Feb 2012
I just tried it. Its got very nice hand writing rendering, better than Papyrus and LectureNotes and on par with S-Notes. Very clean intetface. S-pen button works too (you hear that Papyrus!!!) But I dont like how you can't disable finger writing all together like Papyrus. No text input or means to cut and paste from within your notes AFAIK.

I havent been able to find any kind import functionality either which pretty much ruins it for me.

Its a great start though. I hope they continue to improve it.
 
dkb218
Old
#3  
dkb218's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 196
Posts: 1,311
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Here ya go

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ran.INKredible

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Galaxy Note 3 - Note 4 just around the corner...
Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition
Galaxy Gear 1
Asus Nexus 7 2013
The Following User Says Thank You to dkb218 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Vasishtha
Old
(Last edited by Vasishtha; 6th June 2014 at 10:21 AM.)
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 18
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam2c View Post
I just tried it. Its got very nice hand writing rendering, better than Papyrus and LectureNotes and on par with S-Notes. Very clean intetface. S-pen button works too (you hear that Papyrus!!!) But I dont like how you can't disable finger writing all together like Papyrus. No text input or means to cut and paste from within your notes AFAIK.

I havent been able to find any kind import functionality either which pretty much ruins it for me.

Its a great start though. I hope they continue to improve it.
Features wise its very minimalistic (I think they're trying to perfect the writing xp first), however that won't be the case for long.
I didn't realise that the spen button had a function within inkcredible , did you disable the default button action via the GMD s-pen app?

I don't really agree with it being an par with snotes, its more like the other way around.
Snotes has a decent note taking experience, if you compare it with a blackboard writing style then its without opactity variances but with thickness variances (also there are no thickness drops if you set the stroke thickness to 10 or 11). Plus ,in my opninion, INKredible feels and appears more natural.

The moment we get some more features I'll be uninstalling snotes and papyrus

-V
 
sam2c
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 66
Posts: 186
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasishtha View Post
Features wise its very minimalistic (I think they're trying to perfect the writing xp first), however that won't be the case for long.
I didn't realise that the spen button had a function within inkcredible , did you disable the default button action via the GMD s-pen app?

I don't really agree with it being an par with snotes, its more like the other way around.
Snotes has a decent note taking experience, if you compare it with a blackboard writing style then its without opactity variances but with thickness variances (also there are no thickness drops if you set the stroke thickness to 10 or 11). Plus ,in my opninion, INKredible feels and appears more natural.

The moment we get some more features I'll be uninstalling snotes and papyrus

-V
I just disabled air commands. If I press the stylus button while hovering, it switches back and fours between eraser and pen. Very nice feature. I don't understand why Papyrus devs are so adament about Samsung being at fault for their lack of s-pen button support. Both Lecturenotes and now Inkredible support it now, even without GMD!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sam2c For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Vasishtha
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 18
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam2c View Post
I just disabled air commands. If I press the stylus button while hovering, it switches back and fours between eraser and pen. Very nice feature. I don't understand why Papyrus devs are so adament about Samsung being at fault for their lack of s-pen button support. Both Lecturenotes and now Inkredible support it now, even without GMD!
Oh I'll check that out, thanks for the tip!
With inkredible its also possible to draw a circle around a portion of text and drag and drop it to somewhere else or do some other action too the selected portion .
 
sam2c
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 66
Posts: 186
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasishtha View Post
Oh I'll check that out, thanks for the tip!
With inkredible its also possible to draw a circle around a portion of text and drag and drop it to somewhere else or do some other action too the selected portion .
Great tip! Didn't know i can do that.
 
ziotom2
Old
#8  
ziotom2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 43
Posts: 148
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Milano
big potential. some delay in rendering. no possibility to maintain colors and transparency switching between different tools. could be a very interesting tool

Inviato dal mio SM-P605 utilizzando Tapatalk
SM-N9005 SD 64 gb samsung - XXUDMJ6 - ODEX - root CF -

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes