Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

[Q] KNOX: Have you been denied warranty exchange or insurance claim due to KNOX?

OP h3ck

17th January 2014, 12:48 PM   |  #11  
Flag MASTIC BEACH NY
Thanks Meter: 946

3,184 posts
More
Same

TWEAKED 1.0 NOTE 3
17th January 2014, 12:50 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Otizzle
Thanks Meter: 64

249 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BACARDILIMON

No service centers. You call and they mail you one. That's how they do it in ny

TWEAKED 1.0 NOTE 3

This is how it works for tmobile in general. I've replaced many many phones with tmobile and they are generally very laid back about it. The warranty will be fine so long as it's a defect (hardware issue, severe uncommon software issue). Jump is insurance so it's my understanding that it covers accidental damage and that includes dropping phone. So Knox should be fine for insurance. But warranty is usually a freebie replacement if there is a defect so I don't know if they would get touchy about knox. I wanna say they wouldn't based on my 7 years experience with Tmobile. Aside from people saying they won't honor, I haven't heard of any real person getting denied.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
17th January 2014, 12:52 PM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Otizzle
Thanks Meter: 64

249 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete4k

Ok, but how is non jump and original warranty handled? I don't have jump since I don't want another phone except, maybe Note4 a yr from now and that's exactly how long Samsung warranty lasts, would that be handled by Samsung in case of malfunction? And it seems I'm not alone, there was a guy on another forum, asking if he can exchange his current Note3 for brand new Note3 when his jump comes up. LOL.

Warranty is honored by carrier, in this case tmobile and ultimately fulfilled by Samsung on the back end.

Jump is insurance and fulfilled by the insurance company, Assurant.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Last edited by h3ck; 17th January 2014 at 12:55 PM.
2nd April 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #14  
Flag Boynton Beach
Thanks Meter: 450

1,699 posts
More
Bump.

It's been a few months since anyone has replied on this. Is TMo still not concerned with Knox, or is the honeymoon over?
2nd April 2014, 04:01 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 317

2,010 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevessvt

Bump.

It's been a few months since anyone has replied on this. Is TMo still not concerned with Knox, or is the honeymoon over?

I'm curious to know...I highly doubt TMO cares. I know they didn't look at anything besides the 3-points when I traded in my S4. I could have left that thing with CM and the wildest theme I could find and it would have passed their inspection.

However with the (nearly confirmed) rumor of the TMO S5 shipping with a locked bootloader I think they are going to try to handle this the old fashioned way. In which case I will be stepping up to nothing but Nexus devices--at least until (God effing forbid) that becomes locked for good. If that happens I'm bailing on Android.

Now while it kinda irritates me that there is looking like a good chance that I won't be able to get the N4 (AOSP only guy...also demand root. It's my goddamned device, not theirs) if all of these rumors are true. However from the looks of trends the screen on the Nexus6 is going to be huge...not Note3 huge, but maybe Note1 huge...ish. That'll have to do...especially if it has a 2k or 4k screen or whatever the next absurd "must have" next gen feature is.

I find them locking bootloaders to be scummy. It might be warranty/warranty fraud related...though I'm pretty sure that the modder community is barely a rounding error to them...even less significant if you only count suspected warranty/warranty fraud abuses from the modder community. so I don't think it's that. It could genuinely be security related, though...I dunno, that seems disingenuous too.

I'm hoping the HTC phones will also be able to maintain their unlock option...as absurd as the concept of trading away your warranty for access to the ability to modify the software on your own computing device which you have paid quite a bit for...cuz I dig Android and don't wanna jump ship.

However, in the end, if we end up locked down and locked out on all service providers and all models of Android...well, that'll make the market for an unlocked, customizable high performance wireless communications pocket computer that much more lucrative for anyone interested in taking our business.

#unloadthebootlockers
Last edited by daneurysm; 2nd April 2014 at 06:14 AM. Reason: clarity
6th June 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #16  
Flag Plant City
Thanks Meter: 9

143 posts
Donate to Me
More
Is Tmobile still letting people jump with tripped knox. As I just rooted my device. And I would like to jump to note 4 when it comes out. I know people have said they been denied but that's people that warranties from Samsung not from Tmobile them self.
7th June 2014, 03:41 AM   |  #17  
Flag minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 1,155

2,102 posts
More
It really is kind of store dependant. In Mn, I haven't ran into a store that had a knowledgeable enough staff to bother to look. In my opinion its actually in the stores interests to take the trade regardless. I've never had a rep ever check to see if it was tripped. In the past I've actually turned phones in with custom ROMs still installed with no issue. Would I attempt that now, absolutely not. I would Odin back to stock, and walk in their with no problem. They are their to make money, and money almost always comes first. So, I wouldn't worry at all. Like i said though, I do think its a store to store basis, and in your area, you may have some ball busters, i have no clue. But, here, a sale comes first, and its in their interest to make that sale to meet quarterly goals.

7th June 2014, 08:18 AM   |  #18  
Flag Bay Area
Thanks Meter: 2

19 posts
More
How does the Samsung warranty work? I have a rooted Note 3 but I bought it from someone through craigslist. I have this weird issue on the screen where it would randomly tap parts of the screen like a ghost was tapping on it. It's really annoying. Can I take the phone into exchange or does the original owner of the phone need to do this?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread