GMD GestureControl Gets Lollipop Support

GMD GestureControl is an app that allows you to control your (rooted) devices with multitouch … more

Xiaomi Finally Releases Kernel Sources

If you are familiar with Xiaomi, you might have heard that they are not the most compliant when … more

SwipeBack for Xposed Updated with Lollipop Compatibility

When the Xposed Framework was announced for Android Lollipop, most modules … more

One M9 Firmware Guide & Collection

While it is still under construction, XDA Recognized Contributor herwegan‘s thread will … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Which Format of Sim Card?

27th May 2014, 01:22 PM |#1  
Huck33's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Bordeaux
Thanks Meter: 48
 
637 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
More
Someone can confirm which type of Sim card will be sued by the G3?

I saw a device comparison which indicates that G3 will use a Nano sim?

http://www.devicespecifications.com/...rison/810b3f6a

i guess the datas are wrong....
27th May 2014, 04:24 PM |#2  
BerndM14's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 548
 
1,459 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck33

Someone can confirm which type of Sim card will be sued by the G3?

I saw a device comparison which indicates that G3 will use a Nano sim?

http://www.devicespecifications.com/...rison/810b3f6a

i guess the datas are wrong....

I have no confirmation or anything but I'm pretty sure it'll be nano sim, why wouldn't it be?
27th May 2014, 04:29 PM |#3  
Huck33's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Bordeaux
Thanks Meter: 48
 
637 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndM14

I have no confirmation or anything but I'm pretty sure it'll be nano sim, why wouldn't it be?

Because other phones used microSIM
27th May 2014, 04:43 PM |#4  
BerndM14's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 548
 
1,459 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck33

Because other phones used microSIM

Yeah but others used normal SIM cards, doesn't mean anything...keeps moving forward. Nano is much more compact and it'll probably stay that way for a while now.

I suppose at this point it might definitely be a 50/50 but there's no reason to assume that it won't use nano, iPhones and HTC M8 already use it, so the newer devices might use it too.

Can't see how it makes a difference though, it's pretty fast and easy to get the right sim card. If it's an upgrade with contract they'll give you a new sim card, if you have a micro sim it's easy enough to even cut it down to nano on your own, then again...any outlet might do the same and/or provide you with a new sim card.

I got my nano for the HTC free of charge because I'm still on contract!

We'll see though, almost time
27th May 2014, 04:52 PM |#5  
Huck33's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Bordeaux
Thanks Meter: 48
 
637 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndM14

Yeah but others used normal SIM cards, doesn't mean anything...keeps moving forward. Nano is much more compact and it'll probably stay that way for a while now.

I suppose at this point it might definitely be a 50/50 but there's no reason to assume that it won't use nano, iPhones and HTC M8 already use it, so the newer devices might use it too.

Can't see how it makes a difference though, it's pretty fast and easy to get the right sim card. If it's an upgrade with contract they'll give you a new sim card, if you have a micro sim it's easy enough to even cut it down to nano on your own, then again...any outlet might do the same and/or provide you with a new sim card.

I got my nano for the HTC free of charge because I'm still on contract!

We'll see though, almost time

S5 or S4 use microSim
Iphone uses NanoSim
x102x96x
27th May 2014, 07:10 PM |#6  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Info 2 i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck33

Someone can confirm which type of Sim card will be sued by the G3?

I saw a device comparison which indicates that G3 will use a Nano sim?

http://www.devicespecifications.com/...rison/810b3f6a

i guess the datas are wrong....

SIM Micro-SIM
http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g3-6294.php
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th June 2014, 08:22 AM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 68
 
87 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
using my microsim with it

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes