Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,159 Members 46,918 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is my HTC One Soft Bricked?

Tip us?

Shriggly
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Is my HTC One Soft Bricked?

Alright Dev's, you guys are my final hope. I have an HTC One that won't boot into its Rom at all, the only thing it boots into is the bootloader. When I look at the info of the bootloader, it says Tampered, Locked (Not Relocked), and Security Warning. I'm trying to flash the RUU, but the phone never gets the Rom flashed to it. I'll always get a Fail, from the RUU. Can someone please help me?

dottat
Old
(Last edited by dottat; 7th June 2014 at 03:10 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 793

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shriggly View Post
Alright Dev's, you guys are my final hope. I have an HTC One that won't boot into its Rom at all, the only thing it boots into is the bootloader. When I look at the info of the bootloader, it says Tampered, Locked (Not Relocked), and Security Warning. I'm trying to flash the RUU, but the phone never gets the Rom flashed to it. I'll always get a Fail, from the RUU. Can someone please help me?
S on or s off?

Edit...just read your other thread. There's not an encrypted/signed ruu for that is later/newer than what you have. The only way to fix that is wait for one or go the java card route.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Shriggly
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottat View Post
S on or s off?

Edit...just read your other thread. There's not an encrypted/signed ruu for that is later/newer than what you have. The only way to fix that is wait for one or go the java card route.

It was s-off, but i wrote the secure flag to put it back on s-on.

Shriggly
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
S on or s off?

The reason i believed this happened is because before setting my bootloader back to "Locked", and putting back "s-on", i was running santods 3.11.605.1 odexed full rom.

Shriggly
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
S on or s off?

Well, no more use for this. The One is now fully hard bricked.. R.I.P.

Uzephi
Old
Thanks Meter 328

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shriggly View Post
Well, no more use for this. The One is now fully hard bricked.. R.I.P.
It is hard bricked if you don't have access to a java card, or don't want to send it in to HTC. Average repair is $90.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Free mobile app