Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,778 Members 52,244 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how did it get back to stock ? confused

Tip us?
 
emu123
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 71
Join Date: Mar 2011
Smile how did it get back to stock ? confused

hi
i have a nook hd and nook hd+

i installed cm10 on both systems using the permanent sd card method

the nook hd is used by my five year old and i heard her saying i am going to wipe minecraft

didnt think anything of it and tonight i powered up the nook and it has gone back to completely stock firmware

would the erase and wipe from the menu return it to stock even though cm was installed?

was i very lucky ? i didnt have a back up of the nook hd but i do have a back up of the hd+
 
leapinlar
Old
#2  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3551
Posts: 8,098
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by emu123 View Post
hi
i have a nook hd and nook hd+

i installed cm10 on both systems using the permanent sd card method

the nook hd is used by my five year old and i heard her saying i am going to wipe minecraft

didnt think anything of it and tonight i powered up the nook and it has gone back to completely stock firmware

would the erase and wipe from the menu return it to stock even though cm was installed?

was i very lucky ? i didnt have a back up of the nook hd but i do have a back up of the hd+
I'm not sure what you mean by the permanent sd card method. Do you mean using an sd card to install CM permanently to internal memory? If that is what you meant and you did not install CWM to internal memory, then it is possible that she did something to make it fail on boot and keep trying and the 8 failed boot procedure would kick in and reset the device to stock. The 8 failed boot reset fails if you have CWM on internal memory.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
 
emu123
Old
(Last edited by emu123; 6th June 2014 at 07:43 AM.)
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 71
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by the permanent sd card method. Do you mean using an sd card to install CM permanently to internal memory? If that is what you meant and you did not install CWM to internal memory, then it is possible that she did something to make it fail on boot and keep trying and the 8 failed boot procedure would kick in and reset the device to stock. The 8 failed boot reset fails if you have CWM on internal memory.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
hi

i used this guide

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2317500

didnt know about the 8 failed boot method , the nook was the wrong way round in the case and everytime it booted the power button was shutting it off

so it looks like its gone back to stock that way

ah i understand now , re reading the guide the cwm doesnt get installed to the internal memory only stays on the sd card

pretty handy for people wanting to get back to stock easily
 
leapinlar
Old
#4  
leapinlar's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3551
Posts: 8,098
Join Date: Oct 2006

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by emu123 View Post
ah i understand now , re reading the guide the cwm doesnt get installed to the internal memory only stays on the sd card
If you read the guide carefully you will see that CWM does get installed on internal memory. It says to download and install three files and one of those three is CWM for internal.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
See my Nook Color Tips Thread here,
and my Nook Color EMMC Partition Repair Thread here,
and my Nook Color Updated CM SD Installation Instructions here,
and my Nook HD/HD+ stock tips thread here
and my Nook HD/HD+ CWM Root Tools thread here
e.mote's Nook HD/HD+ Dummies Guide for installing CM10.1/CM10.2/CM11 here
 
emu123
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 71
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
If you read the guide carefully you will see that CWM does get installed on internal memory. It says to download and install three files and one of those three is CWM for internal.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
oh

so i must of been very very lucky
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes