[Q] Question regarding M8's UltraPixel Camera

OP gzmiwza

7th June 2014, 10:36 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
Hello everyone,
I recently purchase HTC One M8 and is very happy with the device.
However, as i also own the M7 and LG G2. I found the camera to... have very extreme exposure when taking photos compared to even the M7, basically, the M8 either over exposes or under exposes especially with outdoor shots. I know that the M8 can take some very gorgeous photo giving the right condition, however the said condition is rare.
So here is my question, is the problem with the camera software or hardware based, and if it's by software, can future firmware update improve the photo quality?
7th June 2014, 10:47 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 339

939 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzmiwza

Hello everyone,
I recently purchase HTC One M8 and is very happy with the device.
However, as i also own the M7 and LG G2. I found the camera to... have very extreme exposure when taking photos compared to even the M7, basically, the M8 either over exposes or under exposes especially with outdoor shots. I know that the M8 can take some very gorgeous photo giving the right condition, however the said condition is rare.
So here is my question, is the problem with the camera software or hardware based, and if it's by software, can future firmware update improve the photo quality?

Check this thread it's all about the picture and/or some troubleshooting about the device. Might get your answer in there if you do a search in that thread or ask in there!

I do recall that some mentioned the over exposure, It helps a little to focus on the most lit area, as for the reason, I'm not entirely sure. Might find the answer in there like I mentioned.
The Following User Says Thank You to BerndM14 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th June 2014, 10:54 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndM14

Check this thread it's all about the picture and/or some troubleshooting about the device. Might get your answer in there if you do a search in that thread or ask in there!

I do recall that some mentioned the over exposure, It helps a little to focus on the most lit area, as for the reason, I'm not entirely sure. Might find the answer in there like I mentioned.

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to gzmiwza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread