Need advice: Should I JTAG my device?

OP anibjoshi

7th June 2014, 12:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

51 posts
Okay, here's the deal..

A few months ago, an OTA screwed up my phone(dont ask). It got hard bricked and I had to JTAG the phone. Unfortunately, the guy who did the JTAG, probably didnt do it properly, he damaged some parts e.g. the camera wouldnt focus, the wifi range got extremely short etc. But the device worked...for 5 months or so without a hiccup. Until last week when the micro usb charging port failed and i took it to HTC Service Center to get it repaired. The port was repaired fine, but the phone went into bootloop and would be stuck on boot splash screen. I tested the bootloader by booting into it and found it was working fine, it was booting into recovery and everything. I decided to flash an RUU and set the device back, but before i could flash, when i put the device into bootloader, it blinked and went dead.
It wouldn't charge, it wouldn't boot...nothing.

So I took it back to HTC Service Center hoping that the battery was down or some reason but no..the guy said the motherboard is dead.

My question is, should I try to JTAG the motherboard again? Not from that guy, some other reliable person, but will it help?

I dont have warranty, so sending it in is out...

Will a right JTAG flash restart the phone or should I save the $35 I would have to spend on the JTAG?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread