4.4.2 using messaging when it's not default sms app

OP Veight

6th June 2014, 04:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

81 posts
Pretty much title. I am using Textsecure but my wife's phone has issues accepting picture messages through textsecure while it's encrypted so I was going to send pictures via messaging but even adjusting the app ops settings messaging is still saying it's not allowed because it's not the default sms app. Anyway around this?
6th June 2014, 05:56 AM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veight

Pretty much title. I am using Textsecure but my wife's phone has issues accepting picture messages through textsecure while it's encrypted so I was going to send pictures via messaging but even adjusting the app ops settings messaging is still saying it's not allowed because it's not the default sms app. Anyway around this?

what device do you own? on my moto x i am able to go to settings, from there go to the "More" option right under data usage and try seeing if there is a option to change the Default SMS app, should be 2nd option. if you need any more help ill be more than happy to help you out!
6th June 2014, 03:21 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

81 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzul

what device do you own? on my moto x i am able to go to settings, from there go to the "More" option right under data usage and try seeing if there is a option to change the Default SMS app, should be 2nd option. if you need any more help ill be more than happy to help you out!

Thanks, but what I was looking for is a way to send messages with Messaging when it's NOT the Default SMS app. I want all of my texts going in to Textsecure and be able to send pictures with Messaging. But when Messaging isn't the Default SMS app, it doesn't allow you to send messages. Even if I give it permission in App Ops. :\
6th June 2014, 04:19 PM   |  #4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veight

Thanks, but what I was looking for is a way to send messages with Messaging when it's NOT the Default SMS app. I want all of my texts going in to Textsecure and be able to send pictures with Messaging. But when Messaging isn't the Default SMS app, it doesn't allow you to send messages. Even if I give it permission in App Ops. :\

not sure if you can use the two at the same time then.
7th June 2014, 01:03 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 8

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzul

not sure if you can use the two at the same time then.

Nope. You can only use 1 at a time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread