Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 41,840 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S4 mini i9105 > Moto E or Moto G 4G?

Tip us?

smsmasters
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default S4 mini i9105 > Moto E or Moto G 4G?

Trying to save some money. Would I lose much performance going to the Moto G 4G or Moto E?
SmsMasters.co.uk - The latest technology news and information updated daily since 2002.
"Jesus answered, 'I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'"

kenypowa
Old
Thanks Meter 71
No, and you won't have to put up with Samsung bloat any longer.
The Following User Says Thank You to kenypowa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Faruko
Old
Thanks Meter 45
i would say both of them are better than the s4 mini because of Samsung bloatware, maybe not in games and stuff but you wont be buying a Moto G or a S4 Mini if you are going to play games anyway

Not to mention the Moto G has an HD screen compared to the QHD (960p) of the s4 Mini, if you are into that kind of stuff
1. Moto G: Stock; Faux Kernel 009_r3; Xposed + Gravity Box
2. Moto G: Paranoid Android; RenderKernel r17
Waiting for the next Nexus tablet
The Following User Says Thank You to Faruko For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

republicano
Old
Thanks Meter 162
You wouldn't lose any performance switching but get the moto g 4g, I have the previous version and its really good, better screen and price,

You would lose out on the dual band wifi, camera, I was thinking about swapping it for my nexus4 for daily use due to the longer battery life.
Nexus 5, Nexus 7 2013
The Following User Says Thank You to republicano For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

smsmasters
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
How does the krait 300 dual core compare to the Moto G cores?
SmsMasters.co.uk - The latest technology news and information updated daily since 2002.
"Jesus answered, 'I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'"

Ani0o7
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Snapdragon quad core processer is much better then krait dual core, quad core is latest and fastest, moto phones are worth every penny. Moto g, trusted as well as tested, go for it, still best in the market...

Sent from my XT1033 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

smsmasters
Old
(Last edited by smsmasters; 7th June 2014 at 11:39 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Isn't the quad core in the Moto G using slower cores (lower DMIPS) than the Dual Krait cores in the S4 Mini 4G (higher DMIPS)?

Krait has 3.3 DMIPS/MHz, how about the cores in the Moto G?

Looking at some benchmarks it seems the Moto G quad core is about as fast as the S4 Mini Dual Krait Cores.

rudi_j7
Old
Thanks Meter 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by smsmasters View Post
Isn't the quad core in the Moto G using slower cores (lower DMIPS) than the Dual Krait cores in the S4 Mini 4G (higher DMIPS)?

Krait has 3.3 DMIPS/MHz, how about the cores in the Moto G?

Looking at some benchmarks it seems the Moto G quad core is about as fast as the S4 Mini Dual Krait Cores.
I've used both s4 mini and the Moto G. The s4 mini is not as snappy as the Moto G and the performance along with the Samsung bloatware of the s4 mini is not up to the mark. Buying a Moto G or a Moto E will save you money and give you better performance and software as well as quick updates.

The Following User Says Thank You to rudi_j7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]