Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

Good idea or bad idea? Your thoughts?

3rd June 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Coventry
Thanks Meter: 261

767 posts
More
Hello everybody I am gonna start a project that I'm gonna try make a nexus feel based ROM for our phone for Locked bootloader as I am one!

Do you think this is a good idea? Will you guys help me with good ideas for it? And help solve issue with it?

Thanks
-JPH

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to JustPlayingHard For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2014, 07:59 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 10

99 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlayingHard

Hello everybody I am gonna start a project that I'm gonna try make a nexus feel based ROM for our phone for Locked bootloader as I am one!

Do you think this is a good idea? Will you guys help me with good ideas for it? And help solve issue with it?

Thanks
-JPH

I think the idea is ok, but there are SO many Roms that model off Android / Nexus. What you could do (if you're really good and have a community to help you out) is make a unique rom that uses the same apk format as Android. You can make the interface a lot more creative. For example, Ubuntu Touch has a unqiue way of launching and minimizing apps. You can also have a better settings / tweaking management or maybe try running the latest upstream kernel (Linux 3.14).
Last edited by kentexcitebot; 4th June 2014 at 08:07 AM.
4th June 2014, 08:30 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 35

273 posts
More
Sounds like a good idea, but the models c6916/users like me need it the most due to the fact we will NEVER EEEVERR EVAAAAA get our bootloader unlocked
4th June 2014, 09:31 AM   |  #4  
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616

2,991 posts
OS porting from Nexus to Sony? I don't know, the OS from Nexus have to be very "magic" to have this idea. What the benefits? What this porting will do what we cannot do on the Original Sony OS? If there is nothing like "WoW" then is not worth it.
4th June 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Coventry

767 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos

OS porting from Nexus to Sony? I don't know, the OS from Nexus have to be very "magic" to have this idea. What the benefits? What this porting will do what we cannot do on the Original Sony OS? If there is nothing like "WoW" then is not worth it.

Hello. I mean like stripping sonys android and make nexus look as possible while having sonys customizable settings

4th June 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #6  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,028

9,432 posts
More
So more of a theme than a rom?
4th June 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Coventry

767 posts
More
Ok? Or I could develop a SMART ROM that use smart functions from other roms like smart call handling

7th June 2014, 01:37 PM   |  #8  
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 758

3,676 posts
Donate to Me
More
The launcher is readily available from the Nexus so that's half the battle but afaik if you want to create a rom from the ground up and it's not stock based then wouldn't you need to have an unlocked bootloader to flash it? Idea's a good one but not sure how you would overcome the locked bootloader issue.
7th June 2014, 01:40 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Coventry

767 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz

The launcher is readily available from the Nexus so that's half the battle but afaik if you want to create a rom from the ground up and it's not stock based then wouldn't you need to have an unlocked bootloader to flash it? Idea's a good one but not sure how you would overcome the locked bootloader issue.

What I mean is stripping sonys firmware with there stuff. And trying to add Aosp stuff

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread