Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more
Post Reply

Good idea or bad idea? Your thoughts?

OP JustPlayingHard

3rd June 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #1  
JustPlayingHard's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Coventry
Thanks Meter: 283
 
878 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Hello everybody I am gonna start a project that I'm gonna try make a nexus feel based ROM for our phone for Locked bootloader as I am one!

Do you think this is a good idea? Will you guys help me with good ideas for it? And help solve issue with it?


Thanks
-JPH

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to JustPlayingHard For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th June 2014, 07:59 AM   |  #2  
kentexcitebot's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
99 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustPlayingHard

Hello everybody I am gonna start a project that I'm gonna try make a nexus feel based ROM for our phone for Locked bootloader as I am one!

Do you think this is a good idea? Will you guys help me with good ideas for it? And help solve issue with it?


Thanks
-JPH

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

I think the idea is ok, but there are SO many Roms that model off Android / Nexus. What you could do (if you're really good and have a community to help you out) is make a unique rom that uses the same apk format as Android. You can make the interface a lot more creative. For example, Ubuntu Touch has a unqiue way of launching and minimizing apps. You can also have a better settings / tweaking management or maybe try running the latest upstream kernel (Linux 3.14).
Last edited by kentexcitebot; 4th June 2014 at 08:07 AM.
4th June 2014, 08:30 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
289 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Sounds like a good idea, but the models c6916/users like me need it the most due to the fact we will NEVER EEEVERR EVAAAAA get our bootloader unlocked
4th June 2014, 09:31 AM   |  #4  
eclyptos's Avatar
Senior Member
Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 616
 
2,984 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
OS porting from Nexus to Sony? I don't know, the OS from Nexus have to be very "magic" to have this idea. What the benefits? What this porting will do what we cannot do on the Original Sony OS? If there is nothing like "WoW" then is not worth it.
4th June 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #5  
JustPlayingHard's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Coventry
Thanks Meter: 283
 
878 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclyptos

OS porting from Nexus to Sony? I don't know, the OS from Nexus have to be very "magic" to have this idea. What the benefits? What this porting will do what we cannot do on the Original Sony OS? If there is nothing like "WoW" then is not worth it.

Hello. I mean like stripping sonys android and make nexus look as possible while having sonys customizable settings

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
4th June 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #6  
gregbradley's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,179
 
9,703 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
So more of a theme than a rom?
4th June 2014, 06:35 PM   |  #7  
JustPlayingHard's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Coventry
Thanks Meter: 283
 
878 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Ok? Or I could develop a SMART ROM that use smart functions from other roms like smart call handling

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
7th June 2014, 01:37 PM   |  #8  
dladz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 765
 
3,702 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Donate to Me
More
The launcher is readily available from the Nexus so that's half the battle but afaik if you want to create a rom from the ground up and it's not stock based then wouldn't you need to have an unlocked bootloader to flash it? Idea's a good one but not sure how you would overcome the locked bootloader issue.
7th June 2014, 01:40 PM   |  #9  
JustPlayingHard's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Coventry
Thanks Meter: 283
 
878 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dladz

The launcher is readily available from the Nexus so that's half the battle but afaik if you want to create a rom from the ground up and it's not stock based then wouldn't you need to have an unlocked bootloader to flash it? Idea's a good one but not sure how you would overcome the locked bootloader issue.

What I mean is stripping sonys firmware with there stuff. And trying to add Aosp stuff

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Z1 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank