Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,198 Members 48,066 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

fire tv wont sleep while xbmc is opened. (how can i fix this)

Tip us?

Valkyrie743
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default fire tv wont sleep while xbmc is opened. (how can i fix this)

just got my fire tv yesterday and love it. i have xmbc loaded and it works perfectly other than one thing. after being at idle for more than 30 minutes, it does not go to sleep

i've googled it and i see that other's have this issue. but the thing that confuses me is there is no option within xbmc to close, sleep, or shut down after set period of time?. on my window based HTPC downstairs, i am able to set a time on which the computer will either close the program, sleep, shutdown whatever.

is there a way i can add that function back to XBMC or an add on ? i tend to use XBMC to watch a movie or listen to music while falling asleep and it would be nice to have the fire tv sleep rather than staying on.

thanks
*Phone*
nexus 5 32Gb (Black) |
*Computer*
Intel Core I7 2600K @ 4.5ghz | 8gb Corsair XMS3 @1600Mhz | Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1 | EVGA GTX 780 Ti | Samaung 840 128Gb SSD | WD 500gb 7200RPM | WD 1TB 7200RPM | Windows 8 pro 64bit

fireTVnews.com
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie743 View Post
just got my fire tv yesterday and love it. i have xmbc loaded and it works perfectly other than one thing. after being at idle for more than 30 minutes, it does not go to sleep

i've googled it and i see that other's have this issue. but the thing that confuses me is there is no option within xbmc to close, sleep, or shut down after set period of time?. on my window based HTPC downstairs, i am able to set a time on which the computer will either close the program, sleep, shutdown whatever.

is there a way i can add that function back to XBMC or an add on ? i tend to use XBMC to watch a movie or listen to music while falling asleep and it would be nice to have the fire tv sleep rather than staying on.

thanks
XBMC does have a timed quit function, but it's not visible in the settings by default. Go to XBMC's "Settings", then to "System". In the bottom left will be "Settings level". Change the settings level to either "Advanced" or "Expert". Then go to the "Power saving" menu and at the top is the setting you're looking for. Set "Shutdown function timer" to some value in minutes, and set "Shutdown function" to "Quit".