Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,990 Members 36,933 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

XT926 Razr Maxx HD rooted but locked HELP

Tip us?

phraxen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
OK, thanks. Figured as much. Not the end of the world. Guess I'll wait a few months and get a dev edition of something.

kadesxys
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default just to make sure i got this.......

my razr also got stuck on a boot loop after accidentally applying the kitkat update. it was flashed to cricket. anyways if I'm correct i follow one of the previous links (which one is question 1). what i didn't see was one as the same version as mine(question 2) which link should i go for.

system version/ 9.1.41.xt926.Verizon.en.us
boot mode/ 10.9B
device is locked
was flashed to cricket but not rooted

i hope this is enough info willing to give more if needed

iBolski
Old
(Last edited by iBolski; 2nd June 2014 at 01:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesxys View Post
my razr also got stuck on a boot loop after accidentally applying the kitkat update. it was flashed to cricket. anyways if I'm correct i follow one of the previous links (which one is question 1). what i didn't see was one as the same version as mine(question 2) which link should i go for.

system version/ 9.1.41.xt926.Verizon.en.us
boot mode/ 10.9B
device is locked
was flashed to cricket but not rooted

i hope this is enough info willing to give more if needed
Since you are locked, you must go with the KK firmware. Get it from here:

http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=5

It's too bad that you took the OTA. You were on a version that could have been unlocked. Shame. Now, it's too late. There is NO way to go back to a previous version with a locked bootloader, period. This means you've lost root and must now stay on KitKat.

Still, this KitKat upgrade is not all bad. There are some minor annoyances (popping noise for some people like me), but otherwise, it's a pretty darned good update it you ask me.
Please hit "Thanks" if this post helped you.

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast
The Following User Says Thank You to iBolski For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kadesxys
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default if the OTA didn't finsh......

.....does that mean i can or can't got back to JB i'm just clairifing. (i'm sure i understand that its KK or nothing) thank you again

iBolski
Old
Thanks Meter 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesxys View Post
.....does that mean i can or can't got back to JB i'm just clairifing. (i'm sure i understand that its KK or nothing) thank you again
No, you cannot go back to jb with a locked bootloader. If you try you'll brick your phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Please hit "Thanks" if this post helped you.

RAZR HD XT926 (unlocked)
32gb Nexus 7
Chromecast
The Following User Says Thank You to iBolski For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jbt816
Old
(Last edited by jbt816; 6th June 2014 at 02:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default KK OTA update

I've got a Razr HD xt926 running 4.1.2 (and 9.18.94).

I rooted and installed Safestrap 3.63 (I have a locked bootloader). I've tried to flash several roms without success with the latest being ragerom. Each time I get an "error executing updater binary in zip". Not sure if my issue lies in safestrap or is it in something else? I've looked all over the internet and not really found any kind of fix or workaround.

Interestingly, the Motorola Rage logo did manage to get into the reboot (replacing the red M).

After that happened, I heard KK update was coming out so I removed safestrap and unrooted. The Rage logo was still there on boot up.

I've tried several times to get the KK update but it has failed everytime. I assumed it was because this Rage logo was still hanging on. I went to a Verizon forum and others with stock phones (never rooted) were having issues as well. Appears as if no one can get the KK OTA...and I've heard some not-so-good things about KK.

So, I rooted again and loaded safestrap and am trying to find a rom that will flash, no luck.

I guess what I want is to be able to get the KK OTA and just be happy with a phone that I cannot ever root, but I don't know how to replace the Rage logo.

Thanks for any advice.

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbt816 View Post
I've got a Razr HD xt926 running 4.1.2 (and 9.18.94).

I rooted and installed Safestrap 3.63 (I have a locked bootloader). I've tried to flash several roms without success with the latest being ragerom. Each time I get an "error executing updater binary in zip". Not sure if my issue lies in safestrap or is it in something else? I've looked all over the internet and not really found any kind of fix or workaround.

Interestingly, the Motorola Rage logo did manage to get into the reboot (replacing the red M).

After that happened, I heard KK update was coming out so I removed safestrap and unrooted. The Rage logo was still there on boot up.

I've tried several times to get the KK update but it has failed everytime. I assumed it was because this Rage logo was still hanging on. I went to a Verizon forum and others with stock phones (never rooted) were having issues as well. Appears as if no one can get the KK OTA...and I've heard some not-so-good things about KK.

So, I rooted again and loaded safestrap and am trying to find a rom that will flash, no luck.

I guess what I want is to be able to get the KK OTA and just be happy with a phone that I cannot ever root, but I don't know how to replace the Rage logo.

Thanks for any advice.
flash with this to get to stock kk
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2474393
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here

jbt816
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweN diorD View Post
Thanks. I'm reading this forum and it looks like it does a data wipe.

On another forum, I've been reading about using RSD Lite and going to 4.4.2, but it says no data loss. What do you think?

bweN diorD
Old
Thanks Meter 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbt816 View Post
Thanks. I'm reading this forum and it looks like it does a data wipe.

On another forum, I've been reading about using RSD Lite and going to 4.4.2, but it says no data loss. What do you think?
i think you didnt read the hole post,
"Download version 1.4 KitKat (05/22/2014) (this is a FULL version and can be used to flash from any version to KitKat. Data Wipe or NO Data Wipe files are included also.)"
Show some appreciation to those who have helped you by using the Thanks button!!

One Click flash back to stock for Moto Razr HD/Maxx HD Here
[Guide] Moto Razr HD/MaxxHD flash: to KK, root, unlock the bootloader, install cwm, install twrp, or revert back to JB from KK Here
Are you a Noob and not sure where to post your question?
Noob friendly thread for questions about any device Here